Howa Mini 6.5 Grendel

More expensive to feed, but worth it.
Welldone
B Poster
B Poster

Howa Mini 6.5 Grendel

Post by Welldone »

Has anybody ever built a silhouette rifle on the Howa Mini action? I have a barreled action ordered at Brownells and I’m thinking of putting it into some kind of stock suitable for silhouette. I’ve had several Minis before and flush fit bottom metal is available.
TheBugFather
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Re: Howa Mini 6.5 Grendel

Post by TheBugFather »

I have bought and sold a few, but never used one.

Reports are they are very accurate setups.

When you get it going, reach out to me, I have some load experience with the 6.5mm Grendel.

Thanks, Dennis O.
The Bug Father
...I don't like recoil, but I love to experiment.
Welldone
B Poster
B Poster

Post by Welldone »

Thanks
Will do
jbmarshtx
A Poster
A Poster

Post by jbmarshtx »

I have not shot my Howa Mini Grendel for silhouette. I took it to tulsa a few years ago to shoot off the bench and see how it did on the rams. I have since had Mark Pharr build a R700 grendel, but finding the bolt was tricky.

Which stock are you going to try? My mini is the 20" heavy barrel, and I hunt with it sometimes. I have it in a Boyds Prairie Hunter that I cleaned up so the bolt handle clears the cutout, etc. I'd sell it cheap bc I may get the bell and carlson M40 or Sporter style.

I don't have a huge amount of load data, but I do have a few that seem to work good for all 4 animals out of my 26" barreled remington. In fact, it's going to be the only silhouette high power rifle I shoot...with the time I can squeeze in with a newborn!!
Welldone
B Poster
B Poster

Post by Welldone »

I’m looking at the walnut stock that Brownells sells. I wonder if it’s a Boyds.Is your Prairie Hunter stock laminated? I also found a shop in Oregon that makes custom stocks. He has a high cheek piece type sorta like the Weatherbys. He also has flush floorplates. Shop is called Oregunsmithing. Guys name is Wayne York.
jbmarshtx
A Poster
A Poster

Post by jbmarshtx »

Yes, laminate coyote brown/tan. I have that bottom metal, and it is a good change over the plastic factory one.