Local Source for Wolf M/T or SK

22 Long Rifle ammo is finicky. Tell us all about it here.
jsimmons
A Poster
A Poster

Local Source for Wolf M/T or SK

Post by jsimmons »

I'm in the process of discovering my rifle's favorite ammo. I've found the following here in San Antonio:

CCI Mini-mag
CCI Standard Velocity
CCI Green Tag (I've read that this shoots about the same as Std Velocity, but I bought a box to try out)
Federal Game Shock
Winchester SuperX
Eley Match EPS
Eley Club Xtra

I can't seem to find anybody locally that carries Wolf M/T or SK on the shelf (definitely not what I would call a rimfire-friendly town). I ordered a couple of 50-round boxes of Wolf M/T on the net yesterday, but I would rather be able to buy locally if possible. I'd also be willing to drive to Austin if there's a source in that area.

Anyone?
Aim small - miss small...
-----
Got a Henry lever gun? Check out the Henry lever Gun Internet Competition
Pete A.
A Poster
A Poster

Post by Pete A. »

I wouldn't hold out much hope in SA or Austin for either in consistent inventories of the better but affordable ($3-4/50) rimfire ammo. I am in the area about every other week and hit most of the gun shops. I see same "normal' list you already stated. Cabela's is pretty disappointing also.

You can get the SK from Champions Choice (do google search for them). Midway has it listed as coming soon, they typically give good service & price.

You can get Agulia in bulk in Helotes. PLEASE SOMEONE POST LINK TO THIS PLACE. Me, I don't much care for Aguila but enough people I respect shoot it (at least for practice) so give it a try too.

Hope this helps.

Pete A.
BlauBear
Uber Master Poster
Uber Master Poster

Post by BlauBear »

Has anyone tried Fiocchi?
"If the America people ever allow private banks to control the issuance of their currencies, first by inflation and then by deflation, the banks and corporations that will grow up around them will deprive the people of all their prosperity" - TJ
Tlee
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Post by Tlee »

When they 1st opened Cabelas in Buda carried Wolf Rimfire, but I haven't seen it there in over a year. When they did have it, they usually just had a couple bricks or less. I buy the Wolf and/or SK from Champion, but also order/use a lot more of the Eley Sport (which is VERY close in accuracy in all guns but my 77/22, and about half the price of Wolf/SK).

I'll also grab a brick or 2 of Aguila std velocity every few months at the gunshow to use in Ruger MkIIs. That's about the only place I've found it at a good price. It shoots very well in the Rugers and is accurate out to 50 yards (great for bullseye and general plinking... although it does run a little dirtier than Eley or Wolf/SK). A couple places in S.A. and Seguin have Aguila, but at a much higher price than I pay for the Eley Sport or can get it at the gunshows.

my .02,

-Tim

PS - If you haven't seen it, you might also checkout this thread:
http://www.steelchickens.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=878
jsimmons
A Poster
A Poster

Post by jsimmons »

The CCI Std Velocity seems to work real good for me, but I ordered some Wolf MT from CTD - should be here today.
Aim small - miss small...
-----
Got a Henry lever gun? Check out the Henry lever Gun Internet Competition
glocker17
B Poster
B Poster

Post by glocker17 »

I stopped by Dury's on Saturday, them had some RWS Target Rifle in stock. It has always shot good for me. Picked up several bricks of it today in Ft Worth.

Blake