Good 2 stage for 700 action?

More expensive to feed, but worth it.
cedestech
Distinguished Master Poster w/Palms
Distinguished Master Poster w/Palms

Good 2 stage for 700 action?

Post by cedestech »

My smallbore is a 5018 trigger... 1.5 1st stage, .5 second....

I've tried a Timney and Trigger Tech. Neither will do a heavier first stage. The trigger tech will get close to 50/50 but it starts feeling weird when you do.

What else is there?

:)
Emmett Dibble, Houston, Texas. Where's my buddy Jason? Keeper of electronic records and banisher of little pieces of paper?
Doodaddy
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Re: Good 2 stage for 700 action?

Post by Doodaddy »

That's disappointing regarding the TriggerTech.

I have the CG X-Treme Mod 22 trigger and it's set up where it's ~1lb 10oz in the first stage and ~6oz in the second stage. It's not exactly the easiest to configure, but you'd be fine with it and it's excellent when it's there. I've noticed the manufacturer's site is down, but there are still retailers out there listing the trigger so do with that what you will.

If I were to do it over again, I'd almost certainly buy the Bix N Andy Tacsport Pro 2 stage.

TacSport Pro:
•First stage: 90 grams to 900 grams (3.2 ounces to 2 pounds)
•Second stage: 100 grams to 450 grams (3.5 pounds to 16 ounces)
I am NOT Danny Hatch. Image
Emietenkorte
A Poster
A Poster

Post by Emietenkorte »

I run the Bixn' Andy Tac Sport triggers in all of my rifles. Great triggers, never had a problem.

Mine are set at the following....
1st stage = 1lbs. 12 oz.
2nd stage = 5 oz.
squinty_shooter
A Poster
A Poster

Post by squinty_shooter »

I wish they made a 2 stage w safety for us LEFTIES!!!
Doodaddy
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Post by Doodaddy »

Emietenkorte wrote: Mon May 03, 2021 8:25 am I run the Bixn' Andy Tac Sport triggers in all of my rifles. Great triggers, never had a problem.

Mine are set at the following....
1st stage = 1lbs. 12 oz.
2nd stage = 5 oz.
I knew I had good taste. Image

I really do wish that Bix N Andy had made a two stage suitable at the time of my build. Since then I've really wanted to swap the triggers, but have leaned towards leaving well enough alone.
squinty_shooter wrote: Mon May 03, 2021 9:55 am I wish they made a 2 stage w safety for us LEFTIES!!!
The Bix N Andy does just that. Select Top Left Safety configuration.
thauglor
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Post by thauglor »

I second the bix n andy tacsport 2 stage. In fact, I want the begara bmr just so I can try the tacsport on it, this way it would match my high power rifle exactly.
Emietenkorte
A Poster
A Poster

Post by Emietenkorte »

thauglor wrote: Mon May 03, 2021 11:14 am I second the bix n andy tacsport 2 stage. In fact, I want the begara bmr just so I can try the tacsport on it, this way it would match my high power rifle exactly.
Yes!!! The BMR looks like a great rifle for silhouette shooters. I have one pre-ordered and the Bixn' Andy trigger sitting on my shelf! Should be a fun gun to shoot! I have the Bixn' Andy in my B14R HMR .22lr as well!
Doodaddy
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Post by Doodaddy »

If Merrier offers a silhouette style stock for that Bergara, a new (or any really) shooter can get an excellent rifle for shockingly cheap IMO.
jbmarshtx
A Poster
A Poster

Post by jbmarshtx »

thauglor wrote: Mon May 03, 2021 11:14 am I second the bix n andy tacsport 2 stage. In fact, I want the begara bmr just so I can try the tacsport on it, this way it would match my high power rifle exactly.
I haven't pre-ordered a BMR yet, but they do look nice. They do not have the same footprint as their other rimfire, so I do not believe they will fit in the 700 stock. Bergara said that the BMR was a 'micro' action.

3rd or whatever the bix trigger.
squinty_shooter
A Poster
A Poster

Post by squinty_shooter »

Thanks Doodaddy,
I keep looking at different sites, remember looking a B&A but did not remember this trigger. New maybe? doesn't matter as long as it is available!!
Kimbal
RickF
B Poster
B Poster

Post by RickF »

I have four silhouette rifles, two rimfire and two high power. All four have Bix 2-stage Tacsport triggers.

Dead easy to tune for everything short of treble and bass. Great triggers!