Off Season Projects

General BS, Match Results, Upcoming Events and all around Gossip...
TURKEYSFEARME
B Poster
B Poster

Post by TURKEYSFEARME »

I have an off season project that may result in a new hunter rifle purchase. I have a rem classic in 6.5x55 the factory stock is beded and barrel has been replaced with a kreiger. the gun just will not group I tried 2 different scopes and a lot of different loads the best group I can get is about 6 inches at 200m I think it may be a bad barrel? :? :( :x
BlauBear
Uber Master Poster
Uber Master Poster

Post by BlauBear »

Now that is a project! Hmmm... Crown, chamber, action bolt torque, ammunition, bolt face, lock up, ramp (damaging bullet during feed)... But then I'm a sucker for snipe hunts like that!
"If the America people ever allow private banks to control the issuance of their currencies, first by inflation and then by deflation, the banks and corporations that will grow up around them will deprive the people of all their prosperity" - TJ
TURKEYSFEARME
B Poster
B Poster

Post by TURKEYSFEARME »

I have 2 other rifles built by the same gunsmith well not built entirely by him he only installed the barrel because I don't have a lathe but these rifles shoot sub moa Not the 6.5 All I can figure is it's a bad barrel because everything else is good. Has kreiger had problems lately that I didn't know about :?:
sobrbiker883
AA Poster
AA Poster

Post by sobrbiker883 »

BlauBear wrote:It's a beauty! Please be careful... Road rash is distracting when you're trying to shoot. 8)
There's two kinds of riders out there, the one's that have gone down and the ones that haven't gone down yet.
Be safe, ride defensively. I tend to ride a little aggressively to stay away from meatheads....
The blue bike will attract cops less than the red one will......

Kitty, i rode my friends 1800, at the time I was on my old 883. I took it out and was "cruising" along on I-10 through Phx, looked down and was going 115!!! I took it back and he said, "you like it huh, pretty fast?"
I replied, "nah. too easy, I felt like leaning back and having a smoke at 115. When my Sporty's over triple digits sh@t's happening!"

Back tot he topic at hand.........We have a reverse-ish off season here-summer, less folks come out and play when it's 110 by the end of the match!!
Usually shooting scores right in class, too bad its the class below my classification!

Steve E
BlauBear
Uber Master Poster
Uber Master Poster

Post by BlauBear »

Years ago, a friend took me for a ride on his Harley on a long, straight, dark road with tall Georgia Pines on either side - when I could finally speak coherently enough (brain drool translates poorly) to ask, he claimed we were going 145. Whatever the speed, it was adequate to put me in touch with my primal self...
"If the America people ever allow private banks to control the issuance of their currencies, first by inflation and then by deflation, the banks and corporations that will grow up around them will deprive the people of all their prosperity" - TJ
Jason
Uber Master Poster
Uber Master Poster

Post by Jason »

Jason wrote:Image
Rode the bike into work for the first time today. I promised myself I wouldn't start commuting on it until I got all my safety gear. I got the last piece, my jacket, last night so I rode today. It was 35 degrees when I left for work and headed down highways and freeways at up to 70mph. I didn't get cold. Modern riding gear rules. :)
Jason
Uber Master Poster
Uber Master Poster

Post by Jason »

Changed out the exhaust and a bunch of other parts on the bike so far, as much for comfort and looks as performance. I'm really thinking about getting one of those mid-80s shaft drive Honda Magnas as a "rainy day bike" that I won't care about getting dirty, though. :)

Oh.. here's a new picture.

jneihouse
Distinguished Master Poster

Post by jneihouse »

Nice exhaust Jason. Must admit my desire to ride in wet/cold has long gone. Spent the last warm Sunday winterizing my VTX 1800.....Nice bike, but how do you think I'd look on a Harley?????

[img][img]http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a336/ ... y/bike.jpg[/img]

Talking with Bob259 yesterday about his new 6.5X47 Lapua got me to thinking about New York....The pic was taken by one of NYC's finest MC cops outside of ESPN's restaurant in Times Square after I explained to him that I was THE Kitty, the Godfather of Bling and innovator of the EMac Kitty rifle.....Made me give the bike and helmet back, though and never would let me shoot his gun......

Kitty[/img]
Commander in Chief, F Troop
jneihouse

Post by jneihouse »

If I bought a Fat Boy, I would be a Fat Boy on a Fat Boy.......Thought I'd say that before someone else got the chance...... :lol:

Kitty
shakes
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Post by shakes »

Kitty you have the perfect physique for a harley rider, don't let anybody tell you different. Sell your what ever it is a buy a harley, they don't cost as much as you think. Its the service bills that kill you HA HA. You know the old saying HD stands for "hundredsofdollars". Ride to Eat and Eat to Ride. :mrgreen:
jneihouse

Post by jneihouse »

I'm some 60 lbs lighter now, after the bout in the hospital, and have been down the past couple of weeks....Still VERY fluffy, though........

Kitty
Bob259
Uber Master Poster
Uber Master Poster

Post by Bob259 »

jneihouse wrote:I'm some 60 lbs lighter now, after the bout in the hospital, and have been down the past couple of weeks....Still VERY fluffy, though........

Kitty
Keep up the good work Kitty!!!!!
Jason
Uber Master Poster
Uber Master Poster

Post by Jason »

Woohoo.. Let's see a before and after picture so I'll know what you'll look like at the Conard Cup. You keep dropping weight like that and I won't recognize you.. You might even be getting blown around by the wind like I am. :)
jneihouse

Post by jneihouse »

In that pic, which was after the nats at ridgeway, I was somewhere north of 360....Under the 3 biscuit mark now, but it's a slow go....the most rapid weight loss came when I was in the hospital back in Sept and October and the month of November that I spent at home getting my strength back. Am exercising daily...doubt I'll be anywhere near "svelt" by the end of tax season, but at least I'm alive and my health is improving.....

Kitty
Jason
Uber Master Poster
Uber Master Poster

Post by Jason »

Yeah.. ain't too long until tax season and most folks that would need someone like you to help are probably already preparing. Even on the long days, make sure to eat the right stuff and don't stress too much and it shouldn't set you back. I don't have a weight problem right now, thanks to genetics, but evidently those genetics weren't nearly as kind on the whole cholesterol front and I'm having to change a bunch of stuff around now myself. Evidently sitting in front of a computer doing nothing for several years doesn't exactly help the cholesterol thing, heh. Congrats on being down to less than 300 now, even if the first leg of that journey was done flat on your back. :)