Jard Savage 3-lever Trigger - DUDE!

More expensive to feed, but worth it.
spamassassin
B Poster
B Poster

Jard Savage 3-lever Trigger - DUDE!

Post by spamassassin »

I just got it in and holy cow. I had done some voodoo to my factory accutrigger to get pull weight under 2lbs and to get the break to be clean but I was never really happy with that as when outside the chassis, any bolt close causes the striker to drop so it's not possible to safety test it outside the chassis. Anyone who'd ever shot my rifle commented on how light and crisp the trigger was after you got the center blade back and that was partly accomplished by making it ride the razors edge of safe/not-safe. People are not used to standard Savage triggers not being a little heavier than they could be. You can try to find a Savage Target Action trigger but that's fraught since they don't just sell them (last I checked they were finicky about direct sales of any fire control group parts to non-FFL's). The world of aftermarket triggers for savage has never been that great either and it's all because of the weird Savage sear and the side locking setup (most bolt action rifle sears are under the bolt, Savage 10's sear are to the right of the bolt). If you can't replace the sear then the trigger will never be much better than the factory trigger.

Well, Jard Inc. some time back introduced their Savage 3-lever drop-in trigger which does include the sear and HOLY CARP is it good. I mean, out of the box it's got some long skanky creep... like Joe Biden in a preschool... but once you adjust the sear engagement and the over travel it stands up and shines. Then you get to the pull weight adjustment and you remember what a really really good trigger with no over travel, no take-up, no creep and a glass rod break feels like.

I got the 13-18oz model as I would like it under a pound but not that far under. Right now it's set at max and it still feels pretty light. I'll probably take a few more ounces off the pull weight after I have some time to get to be friends with the new trigger but I'm pretty happy right now. They don't have a 2.5lbs model so it's a bust for hunter class but for standard gun, it's perfect.