2020 Montana NW Regional Silhouette Championship

Front-stuffers, smoke-belchers and .22 BPCR!
Del
B Poster
B Poster

2020 Montana NW Regional Silhouette Championship

Post by Del »

Here's the information for the 2020 Montana NW Regional Silhouette Championship scheduled for September 17th - 20th.

We held the match last year for the first time in September and it went over well. Once again, we are shooting Iron Sights first on Thursday and Friday with no target setters and are limiting it to 48 shooters (three relays). This is due to the shorter days with the subsequent shadows as well as it being during the school year and no kids for target setting are available during the week. Make sure if you have issues with setting your own targets that you mark this on the entry form. Since we have eight banks of five targets for each animal we are able to shot one bank of five, then a 30 second pause, then shoot the next bank of five. This only requires you to go out once after shooting your ten animals to set targets which helps considerably in time and effort.

The scope match will be held Saturday and Sunday and will include target setters as well as we can shoot four relays since we will be using scopes and we have access to school kids from the gun club on the weekend for target setting which speeds up the match.

Last year we had a little moisture during the days leading up to the match so the berms were dark and we ended up shooting white targets for three days. Only time will tell for this year. With any luck, we won't be hit by a so called "second wave" of the Coronavirus and they shut down the state again! We will see when the time comes. There is currently a 14 day self quarantine required for out of state travelers but that I think should be over by September. We haven't had a single new case in Montana May 15th so the local transmission of the virus appears to be about gone but who knows what will happen with out-of-state'ers coming in for vacation once things get rolling again.

I already have one entry (Doug Gazaway sent his in January on last years entry form!!) from Georgia and two calls from two other shooters from Georgia that are planning to make the trip so it looks like we should have a good turnout already. If everyone shows up that I have spoken to so far this year, the Iron Sight match will be getting pretty crowded so get your entry forms in early!

Hope we are all still healthy and can get shooting again. We have been able to shoot one two-day silhouette match and a three day gong match so far this year and it was great to be able to get out in the sun and fun. We hope you be able to attend our match and here are links to the information flyer and the entry form:

Information Flyer:
http://www.mtbpcr.com/mtbpcrCalendar/f ... Info.pdf

Entry Form:
http://www.mtbpcr.com/mtbpcrCalendar/f ... Form.pdf
Del
B Poster
B Poster

Re: 2020 Montana NW Regional Silhouette Championship

Post by Del »

I was just on the Montana Coronavirus page and I see where the travel quarantine for non-work-related arrivals expires on June 1st. We can also gather in groups up to 50 people as well so I think Montana is open for our matches!!