I got some bling

General BS, Match Results, Upcoming Events and all around Gossip...
Bob Mc Alice
Expert Master Poster
Expert Master Poster

I got some bling

Post by Bob Mc Alice »

Been hearing alot about "bling" on this site lately. I always thought of myself as a plain vanilla type guy, simple wants and needs. But since becoming a regular subscriber to Steelchickens, I think my tastes are beginning to blossom. Ever since Evelio put his advertizement on with that green stocked rifle, I've been going back and forth on painting one of my HP stocks the same color. Well, I took the plunge and went mainstream. Why not. The range is closed for a while, can't shoot, might as well paint. A quick visit to our powder coat / paint dept. (yep...another fringe benefit) revealed we had some leftover Ameron epoxy in a similar color. The paint tech refered to it as Skittles (candy) green. The can only had a color code number on it, so I remarked it with "EVELIO GREEN" for future reference. The paint tech and I came to an agreement. I buy his lunch, he coats my stock. Sweet. Some minor prep work by me over the weekend, was done by the end of the shift Monday. It used to be the H-S "sand" color. Not sure how long it will stay this color. There are so many others to choose from! And Evelio, please don't change your ad color. I am still vulnerable to change. Bling with caution, wear your shades 8)
Last edited by Bob Mc Alice on Sat Dec 27, 2008 7:42 pm, edited 3 times in total.
BlauBear
Uber Master Poster
Uber Master Poster

Post by BlauBear »

That's just wrong...
"If the America people ever allow private banks to control the issuance of their currencies, first by inflation and then by deflation, the banks and corporations that will grow up around them will deprive the people of all their prosperity" - TJ
Jim Beckley
Master Poster
Master Poster

Post by Jim Beckley »

Bob, That's more than wrong. Check your PM.
kahuna
B Poster
B Poster

Post by kahuna »

Won't miss that one in the rack.
N.R.A. Life member
Bob259
Uber Master Poster
Uber Master Poster

Post by Bob259 »

Welcome to the 'dark side' or is that 'World of Bling' :wink:
jneihouse
Distinguished Master Poster

Post by jneihouse »

I llove it when another comes out of the closet......I like it.....now, let's jewel the bolt and powdercoat the bases a couple of different colors and do something with the bottom metal.......You know, there have been a lot of really good shooters that have brought dignity, innovation, and remarkable skill sets to our sport.....But 50 years from now folks will have to scratch through the record books to find names Like Tubb, Massey, et al....But everytime someone sees a colorful rifle they will remember that Kitty was the original Godfather of Bling......We all get to leave our mark, yes we do...

Kitty
Commander in Chief, F Troop
Bob259
Uber Master Poster
Uber Master Poster

Post by Bob259 »

jneihouse wrote:.....................But everytime someone sees a colorful rifle they will remember that Kitty was the original Godfather of Bling......We all get to leave our mark, yes we do...Kitty
And others saying... Damn that Kitty :D
jneihouse

Post by jneihouse »

And others saying... Damn that Kitty
Either way ain't celebrity grand???

Kitty
Commander in Chief, F Troop
BlauBear
Uber Master Poster
Uber Master Poster

Post by BlauBear »

Beat me, hurt me, just don't ignore me?
"If the America people ever allow private banks to control the issuance of their currencies, first by inflation and then by deflation, the banks and corporations that will grow up around them will deprive the people of all their prosperity" - TJ
Jim Beckley
Master Poster
Master Poster

Post by Jim Beckley »

I am not really up on official sounding words, but what would you call bling gone bad? My guess would be blang and that is what that color of stock is blang!
Bob Mc Alice
Expert Master Poster
Expert Master Poster

Post by Bob Mc Alice »

JB , Blaubear, I know you guys are just green with envy. PM me , there is plenty of that paint left for everyone.
Innocent
Uber Master Poster
Uber Master Poster

Post by Innocent »

I know you guys are just green with envy.
BOB,
Are you sure that green will go with your vest? Sure looks like the green the Dawg will see when he has gotten a hold of too much of Ducky's winnings. Personally I think the color will clash with Coates' Pink and it doesn't look too good with my red/blue either, so I guess you can share my skittle paint with others....

Innocent
Proud member of SNOSS. I earned mine!
Proud member of IBDF Club...

Guilty until proven Innocent by the press.
Worker 11811
B Poster
B Poster

Post by Worker 11811 »

I thought "Bling!" was the sound you hear when your bullet connects with the target! :D
Bob Mc Alice
Expert Master Poster
Expert Master Poster

Post by Bob Mc Alice »

W11811, no...it's "clink" for SB and "clang" for HP....or "thud" for both when they hit the dirt. :)
Jim Beckley
Master Poster
Master Poster

Post by Jim Beckley »

Bob, It's something from your childhood that made you do that to that stock, wasn't it?