JACK HILL PASSED AWAY

General BS, Match Results, Upcoming Events and all around Gossip...
lone ringer
Master Poster
Master Poster

JACK HILL PASSED AWAY

Post by lone ringer »

Hello everyone just a note to let you know Jack Hill passed away last night at 10:00. For the ones that did not know him personally he was the older gentleman that did most of the rifle and equipment checking at the rifle, Black Powder and Cowboy Silhouette Nationals.

He was 82 years old, had been shooting for most of his adult life and shooting silhouettes with rifles was his passion. He was a WWII veteran where he earned a bronze star as a machine gunner.

Jack worked for Sierra Bullets, Speer and was one of the J's in J4 bullet jackets before retiring. He was a master machinist and toolmaker by trade and a great all around good guy. He did a lot of gun work for himself and his friends and never charged us a dime for it.

I have known Jack since the late 1970's and consider myself very fortunate to have been one of Jack's friends. I will sure miss him. Tony Tello

For more information regarding his memorial service please send me a PM
Bob Mc Alice
Expert Master Poster
Expert Master Poster

Post by Bob Mc Alice »

A photo of Jack Hill at this years HP nationals. http://s190.photobucket.com/albums/z94/BOBMCALICE/JH/
kahuna
B Poster
B Poster

Post by kahuna »

Jack will be missed by everbody, He was one of a kind.
N.R.A. Life member
Jim Beckley
Master Poster
Master Poster

Post by Jim Beckley »

A couple of years ago Jack and Jeffy Boyer was standing around talking about some lathe work that Jeffy was doing, I was just standing there taking in it, and Jack said to me "Jim you remind me of someone and I can't remember who" without missing a beat I ask him if it was David Tubb, after he stopped laughing like hell, he gave a pretty solid no.