.357 Rem Max

Smallbore, pistol cartridge, centerfire - revolvers, pistols, Contenders, etc...
TheBugFather
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Re: .357 Rem Max

Post by TheBugFather »

I'll send you some loads.

357 Max is made to be shot fairly hot.

If you are looking to shoot a soft recoil load for the 200 meter rams, look at my other post for 200 gr bullets.

viewtopic.php?f=7&t=13767

Also, ask the folks on the IHMSA forums.

https://www.ihmsa.org/forum/index.php

If it is a 10" model and you ever plan on selling it, I sold mine recently and have been regreting it ever since.

Let me know if you need to find a loving home for it or if you plan on seeing what it really can do, I have a set of Bomar sights and Ken Light front hooded sights that I'll let go for $250.

Thanks Dennis
The Bug Father
...I don't like recoil, but I love to experiment.
DJA
B Poster
B Poster

Post by DJA »

What's the condition of the barrel? You sure it's not eroded or leaded up? Oh, and not to be a weenie, but 357 max is not a legal cartridge for Hunters Pistol (assuming that's what you meant when you said the match is shot alongside PCLA.)
L. Rivard
B Poster
B Poster

Post by L. Rivard »

Sorry about the delay in answering the resent reply's, just hope there is still interest justifying further conversation. Dwoster, my Ruger has the seven inch barrel. The Hunter pistol match I am interested sets the rams at 100 yds. DJA, I was not aware that the Max was not legal for Hunter pistol. However, since the NRA did away with score books, the club I shoot at has stopped holding approved matches. I will check with our match director, but I am pretty sure if I can assure him I will load down to a level that won't damage targets I will be allowed to shoot. I intend to put this project on the back burner for a bit due to time pressure with family stuff, but I want to thank you all for your interest in helping me along.
TheBugFather
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Post by TheBugFather »

I would think that a little less than starting loads should work for you.

Dennis
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
The Bug Father
...I don't like recoil, but I love to experiment.