Changing Dots

All the dope on risers, rings, scopes and optics.
Jim Beckley
Master Poster
Master Poster

Changing Dots

Post by Jim Beckley »

To those of your who are looking to change the dot in your scope. I am getting ready to send my fourth scope to Wally Siebert. His phone# is 425-392-3567, e-mail hwsieb@yahoo.com.
glocker17
B Poster
B Poster

Post by glocker17 »

What does he charge? Any idea what brands he works on?
Thanks
Jason
Uber Master Poster
Uber Master Poster

Post by Jason »

You got an address for him? That phone number is very close to mine. I've been thinking of changing the 1/2 minute dot in one of my T24s out for a 3/8 minute dot. I assumed I'd have to send it away for a few weeks. My phone number is 425-397-xxxx. He's gotta be pretty close. :)
Jim Beckley
Master Poster
Master Poster

Post by Jim Beckley »

He lives in Issaqah on S.E. 56th St. I paid him 60.00 for the dot change and 15.00 for return postage and insurance. I have tried a 1/8 th dot, way to small gets lost in the animal, a benchrest dot, 1/4, still to small, went to 1/2, I thought was to big, down to 3/8ths, still rather large, so I tried a 5/16th, Just like Goldielocks just right! Given the opportunity I like to use bullet marks left on steel and the 5/16th doen't cover them completely over. The time before when I talked to Wally on the phone, he told me that he doen's work with variable scopes, but you can call or e-mail him and find out for sure.
Jason
Uber Master Poster
Uber Master Poster

Post by Jason »

Many thanks. I don't use variables for rifle silhouette anymore. I only use the T24s (fix 24X scopes). I'll scrape up $60 and give him a call. :)