Leupold Custom shop not taking orders?

All the dope on risers, rings, scopes and optics.
cedestech
Distinguished Master Poster w/Palms

Leupold Custom shop not taking orders?

Post by cedestech »

Thank you for your interest in the Leupold Custom Shop. At this time we are in the process of restructuring the Custom Shop in order to refine and improve our services. As a result, we are not accepting any new custom scope or retrofit orders at this time. To keep up to date with the status of the Leupold Custom Shop, please visit https://www.leupold.com/service-support ... -shop-temp and sign up.

Apparently they are rearranging the furniture... anyone know about this?
Emmett Dibble, Houston, Texas. Where's my buddy Jason? Keeper of electronic records and banisher of little pieces of paper?
thauglor
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Re: Leupold Custom shop not taking orders?

Post by thauglor »

I got in a scope just before all of this and asked them about it as I was paying.

They are changing some stuff around, along with a new custom shop website. It will be back up next year. I didn't ask for a time frame. I'm assuming they are working fast since they will be losing money the longer they are not taking orders.
cedestech

Post by cedestech »

I am hoping early next year. I would like to give them money. I know I can get a dot put in cheaper but they have done a lot of warranty work for me on scopes I did not buy new and feel it is what is right. Plus if they are doing work on scope lines they are no longer producing... maybe it'll give weight to producing them again... :)
Emmett Dibble, Houston, Texas. Where's my buddy Jason? Keeper of electronic records and banisher of little pieces of paper?
cedestech

Post by cedestech »

Emailed last week and received this reply yesterday....

"Emmett,
No, it is not open for business yet, and I do not have a firm ETA. You can arrange to be notified via email when the Leupold Custom Shop will re-open by clicking the link "SERVICE & SUPPORT" on the lefthand side of our home page at www.leupold.com, then click on "CUSTOM SHOP", then click on "NOTIFY ME".
Best Regards,"
MOTO VITA
A Poster
A Poster

Post by MOTO VITA »

I've been on that email list for quite a while now, I'm getting a little worried. I recently passed on buying a good used Leupold because I'm not confident the custom shop will be back to work on older scopes.
I have a VX3 boxed up waiting to send to them, if they reopen I'm pretty sure they'll work on that, but the older models, who knows?
Merlin
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Post by Merlin »

Got an email from the Custom Shop this morning. Looks like they are again in operation.
"Only God can judge me." Merlin

"Merlin..Your'e a rimfire whore." God

NRA Lever Action Silhouette - You get more clang for your bang with lever action silhouette.....
TSRA Lifer
NRA Patriot Patron Lifer
MOTO VITA
A Poster
A Poster

Post by MOTO VITA »

Merlin wrote: Mon Mar 02, 2020 6:33 am Got an email from the Custom Shop this morning. Looks like they are again in operation.
That's weird, I got an email from Leupold this morning also. I saw no mention of the custom shop even though I've been on their custom shop notification list for months. They did offer to sell me sunglasses though.
Merlin
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Post by Merlin »

Looks like I misread the email.... Woops... :oops:
"Only God can judge me." Merlin

"Merlin..Your'e a rimfire whore." God

NRA Lever Action Silhouette - You get more clang for your bang with lever action silhouette.....
TSRA Lifer
NRA Patriot Patron Lifer
cedestech

Post by cedestech »

Talked to them today... Still no ETA on the Custom shop reopening.... sigh.
MOTO VITA
A Poster
A Poster

Post by MOTO VITA »

Leupold created and emailed this impressive presentation about their operation.

https://www.leupold.com/leupold-dna/vir ... l+Insiders

Unfortuneately there's no mention of the custom shop, it's not looking good.
They will sell us T shirts though.
cedestech

Post by cedestech »

Thank you for your continued interest in the Leupold Custom Shop. Unfortunately, Custom Shop services are still currently unavailable.

Email received today...
acorneau
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Post by acorneau »

Allen Corneau
MOTO VITA
A Poster
A Poster

Post by MOTO VITA »

Leupold emailed me a survey today. The only activities they asked about were hunting, archery, and "tactical" shooting. I think we've been dumped.