New Silhouette Scope

All the dope on risers, rings, scopes and optics.
Another Dang 9
Master Poster
Master Poster

Re: New Silhouette Scope

Post by Another Dang 9 »

Allen, exactly.
Its a dog eat dog world and I'm wearing milk bone underwear.
NRA Endowment Member
SqHunter
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Post by SqHunter »

Has the EFR been discontinued too?
Another Dang 9
Master Poster
Master Poster

Post by Another Dang 9 »

The Weaver EFR or Leupold?
NRA Endowment Member
SqHunter
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Post by SqHunter »

Another Dang 9 wrote: Mon Jul 29, 2019 3:15 pm The Weaver EFR or Leupold?
Leupold.

I did some looking around today and it appears that the EFR is still on Leupold's website, but every outlet has them listed as not available. Disappointing, we are just getting back into smallbore and I could use at least three of them
Another Dang 9
Master Poster
Master Poster

Post by Another Dang 9 »

This is why I started this post. I could use a new scope but I've been buying Weavers because their price was in my budget and I've had nothing but good luck with them. Leupolds work well too but no more scopes for us silhouette nuts. What the hell is left!?!
NRA Endowment Member
SqHunter
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Post by SqHunter »

Another Dang 9 wrote: Mon Jul 29, 2019 3:24 pm This is why I started this post. I could use a new scope but I've been buying Weavers because their price was in my budget and I've had nothing but good luck with them. Leupolds work well too but no more scopes for us silhouette nuts. What the hell is left!?!
I wonder if Ackerman can put a dot reticle into an SWFA 16x scope?
DavidABQ
Expert Master Poster
Expert Master Poster

Post by DavidABQ »

SqHunter wrote: Mon Jul 29, 2019 3:20 pm
Leupold.

I did some looking around today and it appears that the EFR is still on Leupold's website, but every outlet has them listed as not available. Disappointing, we are just getting back into smallbore and I could use at least three of them
Even the 6.5-20 EFR scope has been discontinued/unavailable? That is very disappointing! I guess I need to start looking for a second hand Leupold for a spare scope.
SqHunter
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Post by SqHunter »

DavidABQ wrote: Tue Jul 30, 2019 10:46 am
SqHunter wrote: Mon Jul 29, 2019 3:20 pm
Leupold.

Even the 6.5-20 EFR scope has been discontinued/unavailable? That is very disappointing! I guess I need to start looking for a second hand Leupold for a spare scope.
I have tried hard not to collect junk and be a hoarder, but in this case it might be a good idea. Wish I had bought a half dozen extra EFRs and kept them around. Who would have thought Leupold would completely abandon all target shooters?
atomicbrh
Master Poster
Master Poster

Post by atomicbrh »

All the equipment will eventually wear out if you use it long enough. The parts in the scopes and in the rifles will wear out.
Springs, gears, locking lugs, adhesives that hold the lens together. All of it. Even if you only store a scope or a rifle for the future, things happen to them while they are just sitting. Lubricants and seals go bad in the mechanisms of the scopes. Springs lose their tension. Never leave scopes in a hot vehicle or attic. High heat will make the deterioration happen faster. Treat these things like a musical instrument.
The solution is equipment rule changes to allow us to use optics and rifles from whatever is the popular rifle sport at the time.
An increase in rifle weights across the board would allow us to use current production scopes with 30 mm main tubes.
I am not the only one that is talking about this type of rule change.
It would be better than younger people circling the old guys like buzzards waiting for them or their widow to sell their equipment.
ChuckD
A Poster
A Poster

Post by ChuckD »

All written is true-
Back to the original-
what current scope would work for SB silhouette? I may too need one.

Thanks
chuck
ps not looking at a nightforce or March
acorneau
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Post by acorneau »

ChuckD wrote: Thu Aug 01, 2019 3:46 pm... what current scope would work for SB silhouette? I may too need one.
Unfortunately there are no good options being currently made. The best ones are all going to be used (if you're lucky enough to find one) and expect to pay $500 to $600.
Allen Corneau
Doodaddy
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Post by Doodaddy »

ChuckD wrote: Thu Aug 01, 2019 3:46 pm All written is true-
Back to the original-
what current scope would work for SB silhouette? I may too need one.

Thanks
chuck
ps not looking at a nightforce or March
I would LOVE for Nightforce to make a scope light enough to be viable. Image
I am NOT Danny Hatch. Image
jbzeus
B Poster
B Poster

Post by jbzeus »

"Wish I had bought a half dozen extra EFRs and kept them around."

I did. :-)

.........and four 30x Leupolds and four Sightron 6-24 SIL. I use them on my various firearms because I like the way they feel and are dependable. Various 3/8 and 1/2" size dots on the Leupolds.
Doodaddy
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Post by Doodaddy »

jbzeus wrote: Sun Aug 11, 2019 6:54 pm "Wish I had bought a half dozen extra EFRs and kept them around."

I did. :-)

.........and four 30x Leupolds and four Sightron 6-24 SIL. I use them on my various firearms because I like the way they feel and are dependable. Various 3/8 and 1/2" size dots on the Leupolds.
Wise move. Image
I am NOT Danny Hatch. Image
sandhase
Unclassified Poster

Post by sandhase »

De : Baer, Brenton
Date : 07/31/19 05:29:03
A : sandhasebok@
Sujet : Leupold Technical Service [REF:944806325588]

SANDHASE,
The VX-3i 6.5-20x40mm EFR is available directly through the Leupold Custom Shop at 1-800-LEUPOLD.

The Leupold Custom Shop would be able to install a 1/2MOA Leupold Dot in that scope for $200.00 plus tax. When shipping product for warranty or service, please see the following link for shipping and warranty information:
https://www.leupold.com/service-support/services-repair
If you are unable to access the hyperlink or are having issues registering your product, please include a note of instruction, return address, phone number and e-mail address. Please remove any mounts, rings, sunshades or lens covers. It is recommended that you purchase insurance and retain a tracking number to document the arrival of your product.

Current turnaround is 3-4 weeks.

If you need any further assistance please call our technical service department at 1-800-LEUPOLD.

Leupold Product Services
14400 NW Greenbrier Parkway
Beaverton, OR 97006

Best Regards, Baer