BOYCOTT GOOGLE

General BS, Match Results, Upcoming Events and all around Gossip...
shakes
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

BOYCOTT GOOGLE

Post by shakes »

I frequently visit rimfirecentral and one of sponsers S&K Gunstocks (really nice wood :shock:) had a add on google. He was recently contacted and told that they (google) would no longer be running his ad because his buisness is related to "guns and ammuntion" (no not the magazine) and that they do not promote that kind of business on there search engine. But they will advertise for Dicks sporting goods, Brownells, Cabellas, Bass Pro shops and many other hunting and sporting goods stores all of which sell guns and ammunition. It does no good to stop using google but if enough people contact the NRA maybe they can contact the Cabellas and Brownells and let them know that google isnt in to promoting compaines that believe in the Constitution of America and the Bill of Rights, especially the 2nd Ammendment, all of which these buisness should embrace and promote since they do sell firearms. I dont know if it will do anything or not it just pisses me off how the all mighty dollar will overcome common sense. Matt
sobrbiker883
AA Poster
AA Poster

Post by sobrbiker883 »

Damnit. If one armed person was in the school with the little creep that went nuts none of this would be happening!

I'm sick of businesses pussing out because they're scared they'll be held responsible for the use of an object sold.

I'm off to send something to the NRA, as you said Shakes, they need to be notified of business and what they're practices relating to RKBA issues.
Usually shooting scores right in class, too bad its the class below my classification!

Steve E
dwl
AA Poster
AA Poster

Post by dwl »

First eBay and now Google!
carl425
A Poster
A Poster

Post by carl425 »

sobrbiker883 wrote:I'm sick of businesses pussing out because they're scared they'll be held responsible for the use of an object sold.
While I don't agree with the choice made by eBay, I also don't believe you have your facts straight. The VT nutcase bought some of his Glock mags off Ebay. It is my understanding that what's her name actually felt guilty that she had contributed to the tragedy and that is what motivated her to ban gun sales.

Those of us in the gun community have to recognize that these folks have just as much right not to participate as we have to participate. Otherwise we look just as stupid as those that would ban our silhouette rifles as "sniper weapons".

This is not a case of "with us or against us". This country is full of fence sitters that don't have strong opinions either way. There are enough of these folks that with proper motivation could tip the scales in one way or another. If we can't get them to hop down off the fence and join us, we have to at least keep from pushing them off to the other side.

BTW sobr: I don't identify you or your post as an example of the problem I'm talking about, it's just that your post reminded me of the issue.
Bob259
Uber Master Poster
Uber Master Poster

Post by Bob259 »

We should all be outraged at the VT incident. What it brought to my attention that has me upset is why are NON US Citizens allowed to own/posses handguns, or any guns for that matter. That should be a US Citizen's privilege only.

We have enough problems here where we don't need to let unstable non US citizens make it more difficult to maintain our rights and erode more of our privileges.
BlauBear
Uber Master Poster
Uber Master Poster

Post by BlauBear »

Stinks, but Carl has a point. A lot of these people are reacting hysterically and we need to stay calm and deliver facts. To appreciate the magnitude of the problem, tune in "Air America" sometime and just listen to the tone (try to stay calm about the content.) Anytime the subject is weapons these folks are on the edge of a panic attack! Forget anything like a balanced dialog, of course, the point of this exercise is awareness.

Our task is to present ourselves as armed and calm, not the stereotyped bunch of drunken Bubbas or inner-city thugs. To win this fight we need to make sure most Americans perceive us, the gun-owners, as the kind of solid citizens they want as neighbors.
"If the America people ever allow private banks to control the issuance of their currencies, first by inflation and then by deflation, the banks and corporations that will grow up around them will deprive the people of all their prosperity" - TJ
kevinpagano
AA Poster
AA Poster

Post by kevinpagano »

Interesting perspective Carl. I do have to say that I do not have much respect for fence sitters however. We have to deal with them nonetheless. It is unfortunate because fence sitters can not be counted on to be with us. The will never be with us as they do not have the passion and convictions that we poses to survive. It would be a great thing to have them come to our side. But not likely as they still lack the character to stand up for what they truly believe.

Kevin
kevinpagano
AA Poster
AA Poster

Post by kevinpagano »

Blau, excellent point as well. Perception is the rule in anyones mind. It is our duty to change those perceptions. Even though it may be a fruitless cause, one worth fighting for.

Kevin
BlauBear
Uber Master Poster
Uber Master Poster

Post by BlauBear »

We won't win them all Kevin, but we can win enough.
"If the America people ever allow private banks to control the issuance of their currencies, first by inflation and then by deflation, the banks and corporations that will grow up around them will deprive the people of all their prosperity" - TJ