smallbore pistol silhouet?

General BS, Match Results, Upcoming Events and all around Gossip...
buckmark
B Poster
B Poster

smallbore pistol silhouet?

Post by buckmark »

Any smallbore pistol silhouet shooters here?
I just bought a Browning Buckmark Varmint, 10" barrel, full-length Weaverrail, and plan on some silhouet shooting with it!
Innocent
Uber Master Poster
Uber Master Poster

Post by Innocent »

Buckmark,
Welcome to the forum. Yes some of us do shoot a little smallbore pistol silhouette but I prefer the rifle. I do have a buckmark but don't usually shoot it as it is a pain to put back together after cleaning. Prefer to shoot the TC/22LR with a Weaver T10 on it.
Only manage to get to about three or four pistol matches a year, just too many other places to go to pick on the rifle shooters. The local pistol crowd tends to be a bit more like the 3P shooters and demand "quite" concentration during shooting. I have done that kind of shooting but it is much too serious for me.
We do shoot some outdoor air pistol silhouette matches also, good trigger control training.

Ciao,
Innocent Mary
Proud member of SNOSS. I earned mine!
Proud member of IBDF Club...

Guilty until proven Innocent by the press.
pistolero45
A Poster
A Poster

Post by pistolero45 »

Buckmark,

It is great to see someone else interested in Smallbore Hunter Pistol as that was my favorite game. For iron sights I use a Ruger MK II with a 10 inch barrel. The scoped pistol was a TC Contender with a 4X scope. Unfortunately, the pistol silhouette game died out here in Missouri. I sure would like to play it again, though!
Mark
buckmark
B Poster
B Poster

Post by buckmark »

For most of my Buckmark cleaning I use a boresnake, so no disassembly needed! Might be a good tip for you. Don't think it's good for the barrelscrew either to unscrew it that often. I d
glen ring
Master Poster
Master Poster

Post by glen ring »

I have three buckmarks and they're really fun. I want to start smallbore silhouette with them and I've been practicing. I have a leupold 4x12 power rifle scope on one, and a burris 3x12 pistol scope on another trying to decide on which one to shoot with. A buckmark bullseye/ stock sights round out the trio. I shoot federal 710 ( champions) in all three and they seem to do OK. The bore snake works well for me also.

Man, we're lucky here to have the choices we have.
buckmark
B Poster
B Poster

Post by buckmark »

For now I have a very tiny reddot on it (1x15/20 or something like that) but I'd like a Simmons pistolscope, probably the 2-6/7, also usefull for 50m card shooting.
Mine seems to like CCI's for now, unfortunately, Federal and Amer Eagle ammo isn't as available here as it is in the US. Mostly it's CCI, RWS, Eley, Lapua and S&B here. I checked out rimfirecentral, the browningforum, and many seem to shoot well with cci.
By the way, I also own a High Standard Victor, Hartford made (wish I had a Hamden one! :lol: ), 5.5", very good shooter though and good looks.
No parts available here for those though, fortunately, there's Brownell's and Wilson! :D