Wyoming State Silhouette Match 2007

General BS, Match Results, Upcoming Events and all around Gossip...
dwl
AA Poster
AA Poster

Post by dwl »

On Friday, August 31, I drove down to Ogden, Utah to pick up my friend and shooting buddy Chuck. We picked up some fresh picked peaches and headed off to Lander, Wyoming for the the 2007 Wyoming State Smallbore Silhouette Championship.

Lander is a 5 hour drive from Ogden through the Wasatch Mountains and red rock canyons, across the high plains and over South Pass on the Wind River Range. We arrived in time to check our zeros and do some shooting Friday evening before the light faded and then off to dinner at Svilar
Bulletman
Unclassified Poster

Not KYLE

Post by Bulletman »

Ya done good, on both your shooting, eating :D , and reporting,,,,,,,,with on exception. Ron and his Son are both friends of mine and I'm glad to hear that they are both State Champions. However the name is TYLER not Kyle,,,,,,,,,but I'm gonna get a chuckle out of teasing him.

Bulletman
dwl
AA Poster
AA Poster

Dyselxia is not a choice.

Post by dwl »

Sorry, Tyler. It's got a Y and an L, anyways. Guess what I do to my daughters?

dwl
dwl
AA Poster
AA Poster

Post by dwl »

BTW, Bulletman, your association with Ron and Tyler (See, I got it right twice!) sold some more bullets. Ron instigated and I ended up with a 6.5-250 as well. Wonderful with 142 SMKs and RL 15.

I took it to Lander and Ron spotted for me to get some elevations. My first two shots offhand connected on the rams and now we know that the 142s will take down the rams even with a low belly shot. Good cartridge, great bullets. Now I just need more $$ for practice.

PS, don't go to 34 gr of RL15 under the 142 SMK. Not nice.

Thanks,

dwl
Bulletman
Unclassified Poster

Loads and bullets

Post by Bulletman »

dwl,

Glad to have been of a indirect help,,,,,,,,that IS a fine cartridge in my opinion, I need to build one. I just couldn't help but gig you a little bit with missing Tylers name, he got a kick out of it too.

Bulletman