Ammo and the 10/22

22 Long Rifle ammo is finicky. Tell us all about it here.
sobrbiker883
AA Poster
AA Poster

Post by sobrbiker883 »

+1 for Wolf MT in my 10/22T. Best 5 shot I've measured at 50yds was .181" (well it wasn't measured by me, it was a RFC mail-in target for a postal group match).

+1 for RFC bedding (I used a bronze thrust bearing for my pillar):

If you have a 10/22 RFC.com should be your friend..........
Usually shooting scores right in class, too bad its the class below my classification!

Steve E
jbattman
B Poster
B Poster

Post by jbattman »

+1 for SK Std Plus! (or Wolf MT) Mine has a GM 18" fluted SS barrel, Factory bolt w/ VQ extractor, and Hornet TGA. Fortunately, SK is cheap ($34/brick @championshooterssupply.com) and shoots better than any eley I have tried. Verrry consistant.
Bob259
Uber Master Poster
Uber Master Poster

Post by Bob259 »

I was shooting Aquila Match in my other semi but in my new Kidd 10-22 it appears the chamber is a little to tight, as the bolt doesn't close all the way everytime. Of course during a slow fire stage in a CMP match that is fine... but boy can you drop points fast when it happens in rapid fire and there are no alibi's there.

Going to try SK next match.
NewAZShooter
A Poster
A Poster

Post by NewAZShooter »

Mine is equipped with Clark Custom barrel, Bell and Carlson Anschutz-style stock, and some other aftermarket stuff like titanium firing pin, sharp claw extractor, etc. Out of 35 brands tested, it likes Lapua Master M, subsonic HP, RWS R50, Eley Silhouex, Eley Target Pistol, Eley Standard and Eley Practice 100.

In addition to a good bedding job, I will add that I have seen a big difference in group size by moving the Volquartzen "pad" that the barrel rests in forward or rearward in the stock until you find your groups shrinking with any ammo.
~JW

Love it when those chickens fly!

CZ 452 Silhouette
Ruger 10/22 W/ Clark Custom Barrel, B&C Anschutz Style Stock
Interarms Mark X 30.06
Browning BuckMark .22LR
T/C .22 LR, .22 Hornet
Ruger GP-100 .357 Mag