Honor/Tradition

General BS, Match Results, Upcoming Events and all around Gossip...
atomicbrh
Master Poster
Master Poster

Honor/Tradition

Post by atomicbrh »

With Dan Healy's passing, I have been thinking of some kind of respectful tradition at local matchs that could be started to honor a member of our silhouette community that passes. My idea is that we honor the person who has passed with a 30 second moment of silence standout because that is something that is distinctly silhouette between banks of targets. I propose that we have this 30 seconds of silence just after the range safety meeting that most of us have before a match. The match director would announce the moment of silence and then give the "stand down for 30 seconds" command. Everyone with stopwatches would set their stopwatch for the thirty seconds and all the stopwatches going off at the same time to end the moments of silence should be quite a respectful salute to the friend who has left our ranks.

Bobby R. Huddleston
Jim Beckley
Master Poster
Master Poster

Post by Jim Beckley »

At Ben Avery, the silhouette club there, the Hassayampa Rod and Gun Club, puts on a memorial match once a year (March I believe), 2 40 shot SB matches on Saturday and 1 40 shot HP match on Sunday. It is to honor the ones that have gone before us. Jimbo Hebenstreit would have more details on it than I, if anyone wanted to start something like this with their club.