New HP Hunter Rifle National Records

More expensive to feed, but worth it.
cslcAl
Master Poster
Master Poster

New HP Hunter Rifle National Records

Post by cslcAl »

Derek Greenway shot his way into the record books again at the Pa. State HP Hunter Rifle Championship match on Sunday Sept. 16. He shot a 38 X 40 in the afternoon match; and would have had a 39 but for ringing one ram. He shot a 36 X 40 in the morning for a total of 74 X 80. The 38 and 74 are both new National Records. At one point during the two matches he shot 48 animals in a row. Al Foust
Bob Mc Alice
Expert Master Poster
Expert Master Poster

Post by Bob Mc Alice »

Great shooting Derek !....Al...just out of curiosity..what is his choice of cartridge and load ?
Innocent
Uber Master Poster
Uber Master Poster

Post by Innocent »

Good shooting Derek, understand it was cold and wet....

Mary
Proud member of SNOSS. I earned mine!
Proud member of IBDF Club...

Guilty until proven Innocent by the press.
Bob259
Uber Master Poster
Uber Master Poster

Post by Bob259 »

Innocent wrote:..... understand it was cold and wet....

Mary
But the good news, NO SNOW , yet anyway
Silo65
B Poster
B Poster

Post by Silo65 »

Standard rifle was shot on Saturday when it was cold and wet. It was a pretty miserable day to shoot especially for those of us who weren't prepared for the cold weather.

Sunday was a beautiful day for shooting once the fog rolled out of the valley about 10AM. The weather was cool, sunny, and little or no breeze. Derek was shooting on #1 position in relay 1. I shot in relay 2 and had a chance to sit back and watch the animals fall. His total shot record for both matches was more than breaking a record. The match director said he shattered it by more than 8 animals.

The Ridgway club put on a good event with a pig roast Saturday night which I couldn't make since I needed to head to Walmart for more appropriate attire. They were more impressive on Sunday when we started the match sometime after 10:30 and were packed up and out the door before 5:30. This was for two forty round matches with shoot offs, Derek's long run on rams, lunch, and awards presentation.

I'm pretty sure Derek shoots a 260, not positive. Go to the Sierra website for loads.
cslcAl
Master Poster
Master Poster

Post by cslcAl »

Bob, Derek shoots 260's with Varget behind Moly coated Sierra's. 107's 123's and 142's. I am not sure about the powder charge weights. Al
Gator
AA Poster
AA Poster

Post by Gator »

A couple of photos of the weekend in Ridgway...
http://s86.photobucket.com/albums/k118/ ... tate%20HP/