An unclaimed trophy

General BS, Match Results, Upcoming Events and all around Gossip...
Bob Mc Alice
Expert Master Poster
Expert Master Poster

An unclaimed trophy

Post by Bob Mc Alice »

Alright...lets try this again. Maybe this time the photobucket police will be happy. I wanted to share a couple of pictures of an award trophy I made 10 years ago. It is to be presented to the first person to shoot ten in a row high power rams at any match held at the Colorado Rifle Club. It is still up for grabs. Over the years we have had a few people come real close, but no cigar. I made up a freehand CNC cutpath program for a Mitsubishi wire EDM machine(electro discharge machining). It is made from 3/16" thick 304L stainless steel plate with an aluminum base. You could be the winner of this fine award, far and away the centerpiece of any trophy collection. It is a real beauty if I do say so myself. WARNING!.....before clicking on the photobucket link....the photos you are about to view are not for the faint of heart, should not be viewed by anyone under the age of 18, or anyone under the care of a shrink. They should not be viewed by those with sensativity issues. Again...you do not have to click on photobucket...just click on to another subject. http://s190.photobucket.com/albums/z94/ ... C02998.jpg
Last edited by Bob Mc Alice on Wed Sep 12, 2007 11:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
Bob259
Uber Master Poster
Uber Master Poster

Post by Bob259 »

Great trophy Bob, would love to have it in my collection. Man now do I wish I had a HP rifle :-).... going to have to work on getting me one now for sure lol
Jim Beckley
Master Poster
Master Poster

Post by Jim Beckley »

Bob, Before I looked at your picture I thought about the shrink part, so I consulted my last therapist, she assured me after 10 long years of hard work on her part that I would no longer ask about Buffalo Ranches, or no thought of my old light blue 76 Chevy Custom Deluxe 10, w/250, 6 cly, lic#NL-5103, ever come to mind. She told me that I would never know what was in the picture until I opened it up. Bob, I must say with that talent and that mind, there are a lot of license plates in your future!
Gator
AA Poster
AA Poster

Post by Gator »

Bob

Nelson received one similar to this (except with pigs) at the Tennessee Smallbore Champs in August. He had been in a slump on pigs for some time so I thought this might pick him up a little or at least provide more targets. I believe the title of the award is:
jneihouse
Distinguished Master Poster

Post by jneihouse »

Let's powdercoat it.....................

Kitty
Commander in Chief, F Troop
Bob Mc Alice
Expert Master Poster
Expert Master Poster

Post by Bob Mc Alice »

Thanks for the compliments guys. It is comforting to know there are other normal people out there just like me. I'm at work right now and of course my company sees fit to block any inapropriate images coming in. Are they still posted? They were censored in less than 30 minutes on the first attempt. Cant believe a little piece of electric tape made a difference. I was thinking if the NRA would approve a ram target design change similar to my trophy's "equipment" we would see some higher ram scores by everyone. One drawback would possibly be the thing getting bent or shot clean off occasionally. The other day JB mentioned we could thank ol' Roy Dunlap for the anatomy on the ram. We have all shot a better ram score due to an extra low belly hit. Thanks Roy.
jneihouse

Post by jneihouse »

Maybe at Zwolle La, Bob, it would fit in.........

Kitty
Commander in Chief, F Troop