Vortex Diamondback 4x12 scope

More expensive to feed, but worth it.
glen ring
Master Poster
Master Poster

Vortex Diamondback 4x12 scope

Post by glen ring »

I took the scope from my Kimber 257 and put it on my air rifle. I have been looking at the Vortex Diamondback 4x12 AO as a replacement. Does anyone have any experience with these scopes ? I will use it primarily for hunting but also for an occasional Silhouette match. My bud Kevin in Kansas let me look through his and the optics were VERY bright. I have been a Leupold man for many years but the Vortex scopes look like a great buy.
Just Be Nice **==
OldRanger
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Re: Vortex Diamondback 4x12 scope

Post by OldRanger »

I had a Vortex Crossfire 2 6-18x44 as my first silhouette scope. I used it on my scar 17 for about a thousand rounds with no ill effects. And they have the lifetime warranty. The glass was clear enough for daylight shooting, but there was a noticeable difference between that and my leupolds. But for the price I don't think you can beat them. If the scope you are looking at has the option you might consider the v-brite reticle. Its illuminated, which I didn't care about, but it has a .5moa dot freefloating inside crosshairs (the crosshairs didn't quite reach it, they stopped short).
I buy all my guns from t-rex. He's a small arms dealer.
Jerry G
Uber Master Poster
Uber Master Poster

Re: Vortex Diamondback 4x12 scope

Post by Jerry G »

I have a viper on my 223 and have no problems with it., I just bought an 8-24 viper that was on sale. It is still in the box.