Brass Flingers...

More expensive to feed, but worth it.
Jason
Uber Master Poster
Uber Master Poster

Brass Flingers...

Post by Jason »

The "Classification Update" thread got me thinking about something. For the existing "service rifles" that are semi-auto rifles, what is done to prevent flying brass from hitting other shooters and to collect it after firing? It's one thing to get hit by the 22LR brass while shooting on the rare occasion that someone shows up to a smallbore silhouette match with a 10/22, but that experience would be very different getting hit by 308-class centerfire brass while shooting. If we did start allowing AR-type rifles into their own class in silhouette (I'd likely be all over it if we did), how would we prevent those shooters from interfering with other shooters? Is that problem already solved with existing service rifles?
BCloninger
Master Poster
Master Poster

Re: Brass Flingers...

Post by BCloninger »

"You are never too old to set another goal or to dream a new dream."
- C.S. Lewis
Jason
Uber Master Poster
Uber Master Poster

Post by Jason »

Yes, I know that those exist for AR-style rifles. They are also "attachments" and we know how many debates there have been about that. I'm more concerned about existing service weapons that are known to fling brass and what is currently done about that.
Jerry G
Uber Master Poster
Uber Master Poster

Post by Jerry G »

We had a guy and his son show up with an AR rifle for HP last Sunday. The rifle was a flattop and scoped. Brass was flying everywhere but I didn't here anyone complain. The muzzle blast was a bit much.
OldRanger
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Post by OldRanger »

Jerry G wrote:We had a guy and his son show up with an AR rifle for HP last Sunday. The rifle was a flattop and scoped. Brass was flying everywhere but I didn't here anyone complain. The muzzle blast was a bit much.
Jerry, if you are around Fri before Iron Man you can hear the obscene muzzle blast from my scar 17. It flings the brass too.
I buy all my guns from t-rex. He's a small arms dealer.
Jerry G
Uber Master Poster
Uber Master Poster

Post by Jerry G »

OR, I'll be way down at the other end of the firing line. :-bd
OldRanger
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Post by OldRanger »

Yeah you could always put the brass flingers on the right side of the firing line.
I buy all my guns from t-rex. He's a small arms dealer.