What makes the Anschutz trigger so legendary?

This is what we do.
Emietenkorte
A Poster
A Poster

What makes the Anschutz trigger so legendary?

Post by Emietenkorte »

I totally agree that Anschutz triggers are fantastic but what is it that makes them the choice for so many shooters? Is it consistency, adjustability, mechanics?

If a trigger is consistent, adjusted to the correct weight, has no creep and breaks cleanly does it matter if it is an Anschutz or not?

I apologize if this has been a topic before but I am definitely curious as I try to select my first silhouette rifle.
Any information will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!
Erich
kevinbear
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Re: What makes the Anschutz trigger so legendary?

Post by kevinbear »

Most folks use a hunting class rifle for both the standard rifle and hunting class, rules say you must have a 2lb trigger, Anschutz 1712 comes with the 2 stage trigger, first stage is adjusted 1lb 14oz's , second stage is usually set about 3-4oz's more before the gun fires essentially giving you the feel of a 3-4oz trigger. Add to that it's built with German precision and there's your answer. :-bd
AAA Shooter politically incorrect and loving it
DavidABQ
Expert Master Poster
Expert Master Poster

Post by DavidABQ »

I do not possess Kevbear's intimate knowledge or experience with Anschutz triggers and rifles but he did let me try his out.

It has a VERY NICE trigger!!!
Fotheringill
Unclassified Poster

Post by Fotheringill »

I have an Anschutz 1913a (benchrest rig) with the 5018 trigger. I have NEVER had a trigger with all the adjustments available, including trigger shoe adjustments, with NO creep whatsoever. It is two stage and breaks at 3 oz.. I had it down to 2 oz. and was light enough for a breeze to set it off.

I have done trigger jobs on CZ's, and fired many other rimfires. This is by far the best trigger out there for me.
Dave W
B Poster
B Poster

Post by Dave W »

Erich,

First off, I saw your scores in another post. Very nice shooting for anyone, much less someone so new to the sport. Congrats. For 15 years I shot a 54:18 which I believe has the 5018 trigger, never checked the number. Precise is the only word for it. I lived in the northeast and would have to put a little weight on the second stage in the early spring and late fall. With cold hands you stood the chance of a shot breaking before you wanted. I could put on an ounce or two so I could feel it better, then take it off when it got a little warmer. That is precision. I like your new rifle, you moved quickly on that one. Dave
Emietenkorte
A Poster
A Poster

Post by Emietenkorte »

Thanks! I certainly appreciate the input and the information!
DavidABQ
Expert Master Poster
Expert Master Poster

Post by DavidABQ »

I have followed both of your threads with great interest. I am looking to replace my CZ 455 and up until now
I was intent on a 1712 but you have given me some food for thought.

Thank you very much for ponting out an alternative.
Emietenkorte
A Poster
A Poster

Post by Emietenkorte »

I think the Sako is a fine rifle. I have put together a little informal match at my place, I'll let you know how it shoots on the steel.
Emietenkorte
A Poster
A Poster

Post by Emietenkorte »

Well in an informal setting the Sako did fairly well. Shot a 35/40 and a 36/40. We'll see how it does at a real match when I take it to Tacoma Sportsmans Club next Sunday. Then the pressure will be on. Definitely have to get used to the high magnification of the leupold scope. You see a lot more movement at 25x compared to the 18x that I have been shooting. So far pretty happy! :D