Interesting list of rimfire ammo accuracy...

22 Long Rifle ammo is finicky. Tell us all about it here.
mordecai
Forum Fiddler
Forum Fiddler

Interesting list of rimfire ammo accuracy...

Post by mordecai »

http://bulletin.accurateshooter.com/tag/rimfire/

Lot of this stuff I've never seen! Kinda interesting...
ImageImage
Bob259
Uber Master Poster
Uber Master Poster

Re: Interesting list of rimfire ammo accuracy...

Post by Bob259 »

Interesting info Mike... Thanks for posting
F Troop - Southwest Outpost

Proud Member of the Ram Slammers US Division (Two Bob)
shakes
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Post by shakes »

This is cool. I can look at the best groups at 75 and 100 and get a list of what ammo groups the best for future ammo purchases. I know my rifle is not the worlds best, but this gives me an idea of what shoots the best. I just bought some Lapua Center X and from the results it looks like it will be pretty good. Thanks Mike
"The bench proves the rifle, standing proves the man" Harry Pope. 6.5's for LIFE
chuckjordan2
A Poster
A Poster

Post by chuckjordan2 »

....but you don't see others (like SK +) which are talked about here (and often used). Not even on the list.

If someone provided me with that ammo for testing, I'd be happy as I'd find out what worked best for my SB.
Trent
Expert Master Poster
Expert Master Poster

Post by Trent »

chuckjordan2 wrote:....but you don't see others (like SK +) which are talked about here (and often used). Not even on the list.

If someone provided me with that ammo for testing, I'd be happy as I'd find out what worked best for my SB.
I think it is listed under Lapua.

Lapua Standard Plus
1stlttightwad
B Poster
B Poster

Post by 1stlttightwad »

I posted the same site at Rimfire Shooting a few days ago myself.. It was in the context of CCI Standard Velocity results..If you take a look down the list you will see that the lowly CCI SV out shot many of the high dollar "match" ammo's. Just an observation if you would like to save some money while practicing..I personally used CCI SV back in the mid 80's in competition with rifle and pistol..It never let me down. Dave....Deo Vindice.
Dee
Master Poster
Master Poster

Post by Dee »

I thought the same thing about the CCI SV it is my favorite practice ammo and small match ammo. I find it very consistent at least for the cost. What surprised me was the Eley Sport most of all really. That stuff didn't seem the most consistent but then I only tried a couple of lots in small quantity.

Dee
Trespassers will be shot.
Survivors will be shot again!
lone ringer
Master Poster
Master Poster

Post by lone ringer »

Dee wrote:I thought the same thing about the CCI SV it is my favorite practice ammo and small match ammo. I find it very consistent at least for the cost. What surprised me was the Eley Sport most of all really. That stuff didn't seem the most consistent but then I only tried a couple of lots in small quantity.

Dee
Eley Sport, is made in Mexico by Aguila using the "Eley Prime" process, so when you buy Eley Sport you are really buying Aguila SV with another name. Not bad stuff for the price but not as good as CCI SV.