Augustine's rig?

More expensive to feed, but worth it.
Mt_Medic31
A Poster
A Poster

Augustine's rig?

Post by Mt_Medic31 »

Anyone know what Augustine Sanchez' rifle setup was for high power? I can only find smallbore stuff about him.

I'm curious about brand/model of rifle, caliber, and optics. I'm betting the barrel was Lilja as that's what was on all his smallbore stuff.
DOPE? Boy, do I look like a hippy to you?
Bob259
Uber Master Poster
Uber Master Poster

Re: Augustine's rig?

Post by Bob259 »

Mt_Medic31 wrote:Anyone know what Augustine Sanchez' rifle setup was for high power? I can only find smallbore stuff about him.

I'm curious about brand/model of rifle, caliber, and optics. I'm betting the barrel was Lilja as that's what was on all his smallbore stuff.
Tony, Lone Ringer, will know. I believe the last time he was at the Nationals he borrowed one of Tonys and had never shot it before. :shock: ^:)^
F Troop - Southwest Outpost

Proud Member of the Ram Slammers US Division (Two Bob)
silhouette13
AA Poster
AA Poster

Post by silhouette13 »

i read somewhere Mr Sanchez is shooting a bone stock Ruger No1 :?: may just be rumor though

dave
Sako Finnfire /weaver v16 tk lee 3/8 dot
Hoyt
Truball
Easton
Innocent
Uber Master Poster
Uber Master Poster

Post by Innocent »

Negative on bone stock Ruger No1. I'm sure Lone Ringer will fill us in, but 260 is the caliber and knowing Lone Ringer, more than likely a Remington 700 action.
Mary
Proud member of SNOSS. I earned mine!
Proud member of IBDF Club...

Guilty until proven Innocent by the press.
Jim Beckley
Master Poster
Master Poster

Post by Jim Beckley »

Not for sure, but heard that Pharr put him a rifle together, with a Pharr stock, Rem XP100 Action, 6.5x47 Chamber. Tony would be the one to ask though.
U.S. Army-Donating blood since 1775.
lone ringer
Master Poster
Master Poster

Post by lone ringer »

Jim, that rifle was put together for me and Agustin has not had a chance to use it yet but hopefully next year he will.
My hunting rifle that Agustin used in 2008 to tie the 40 shot 38X40 and to break his own 120 shot national records 108x120 (for some reason neither record was recorded but I sent Gregg Connor an Email pointing that out) is a Remington 700 SS with a Shilen SM SS 8 twist chambered by Ralph Corral in 260, Mark Pharr RT stock with decelerator recoil pad and Mark Pharr trigger guard, Leupold 24x BR scope with 1/2 dot. I Have another rifle that is almost identical in looks but with a lighter trigger and chambered in 6.5x47 Lapua that Agustin used in 2009 for Standard rifle.
Another HP Hunting rifle Agustin has used to win the other National championships he's won was put together by Marvin Pearson using a Remington 700 Titanium action, I believe a Shilen SM SS 8 twist 260 Rem, Mark Pharr RT stock with rings and trigger guard made by Marvin, Leupold Scope, Jewell trigger. That rifle and others Agustin used in the past belonged to our good friend Modesto Castillon who passed away four years ago that is why Agustin started using mine.
Mt_Medic31
A Poster
A Poster

Post by Mt_Medic31 »

Excellent info, thanks all.

I think Mr. Sanchez is proof that some people are born shooters.
DOPE? Boy, do I look like a hippy to you?