New High Power Rifle from Conard Cup

More expensive to feed, but worth it.
shakes
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Re: New High Power Rifle from Conard Cup

Post by shakes »

Hawk-1 if you read the quote from Shakes its says Remington 700 in .260. :D
"The bench proves the rifle, standing proves the man" Harry Pope. 6.5's for LIFE
Innocent
Uber Master Poster
Uber Master Poster

Post by Innocent »

Jason...Hawk is a picture kind of guy...something about words will slow him down! Now his better half Kim would have no problem reading.

Innocent
Proud member of SNOSS. I earned mine!
Proud member of IBDF Club...

Guilty until proven Innocent by the press.
Hawk-1
A Poster
A Poster

Post by Hawk-1 »

Innocent you are right on. For some reason Kimberly didn't buy the line " I only got this magazine for the articles" I couldn't get past how great the rifle looked in order to read. I'll try a little harder next time. ...not!
Jason
Uber Master Poster
Uber Master Poster

Post by Jason »

metalhead wrote:Hi Jason....Since the HP page in the Chicken House is now somewhat asleep../.. dead in the water, I'd like to know if that work of art you now posess is still doing it's job. Load development, advice for new guys, and the many more Masters scores that automatically come with a rifle like this.

A lot of folks made this happen, not just me. You should have gone out and bought a Lotto tickey the very next day!
That rifle is still shooting great, well enough to win the AAA class in the state match for both hunter and standard three weeks after I broke my collarbone. Since then I've only shot one or maybe two matches and haven't done nearly as well. The issue was with me and not the gun, though. I was too busy fighting with the Jackson trigger to hit targets. I think that's under control now and shouldn't be a problem in the future. I was hoping to go to the highpower match this past weekend, but after being gone the two previous weekends (first to Cali pig hunting and second to Conard Cup) I just couldn't swing it. I did get in some reloading time, though, and will be ready to rock on May 30. Should be a fun couple of weekends there too, as I'll get to shoot the highpower match and then a few days later head down to Lousianna for the Southern Nationals, assuming the whole state isn't covered with oil from the gulf by then.

The stock that was on that rifle is now going to be on Seamus O'Grady's new HP rifle that Steve's working on. My dimensions aren't exactly standard issue so even though that gun was built to fit 90% of shooters, I just couldn't get used to it even with the thoughtfully included three different buttpads. It wasn't easy thanks to Robertsons closing down but I tracked down an RTS stock and had it built to the same dimensions as my smallbore rifle. From now on, there won't be any excuses about fit or trigger. Assuming I have this issue with the Jackson trigger holding the second stage setting fixed, the only defective part that may be in the equation will be me. :)

Oh, and these rings on my highpower rifle are making me like the BKLs on my smallbore rifle a lot less... :))