Anschutz Bolt Knob

This is what we do.
GTKF
AA Poster
AA Poster

Anschutz Bolt Knob

Post by GTKF »

Could someone tell me who makes large metalic bolt knobs for the 1712?

Thanks
jneihouse
Distinguished Master Poster
Distinguished Master Poster

Re: Anschutz Bolt Knob

Post by jneihouse »

http://www.boltknobsbybill.com/Styles.htm

Give this guy a try...I've used the large round knobs sold by Champions Choice on my 54:18 and 1710, but have not fitted one to the 1712...Evelio McDonald may be able fill your needs, he more than likely fitted more than a few...

Kitty
Commander in Chief, F Troop
GTKF
AA Poster
AA Poster

Post by GTKF »

Thanks Kitty. I have some of his knobs, but the thread is different than what's cut into a 1712.
litig8or
B Poster
B Poster

Post by litig8or »

Would someone please provide the particulars for removing and replacing the bolt knob on a 1712?
Any advice/instruction is greatly appreciated.
metalhead
AA Poster
AA Poster

Post by metalhead »

Yo litig8or...I for one would be real careful about telling some damn fool lawyer anytihing relating to firearms, especially online. Sort of a Klintonian cover you A$$ thing I got going on, don't cha know.....M.
litig8or
B Poster
B Poster

Post by litig8or »

Metalhead:

How much time, thought, and effort did you exert in taking the obvious cheap shot at a lawyer? What angers me is that by making these base and thoughtless statements, you cast a bad light on all shooters.

Just to enlighten you, I’m the “damn fool lawyer” who volunteers his time and money to the NRA.

I’m the “damn fool lawyer” who marches into court defending husbands in meritless domestic violence cases that, if convicted, will result in the confiscation of their firearms.

I’m the “damn fool lawyer” doing pro bono work for local gun clubs so that they are not legislated, zoned, or litigated out of existence.

I’m the “damn fool lawyer” looking out for your 2nd Amendment rights most each and every day.

If not for “damn fool lawyers” like me, you would be shooting a sling-shot right now and not whatever firearm you may own. And that’s in addition to shooting-off your mouth!

Perhaps you should consider changing your ID from “metalhead” to “sh*thead.”
metalhead
AA Poster
AA Poster

Post by metalhead »

My appologies sir. My deep rooted distrust for bankers, lawyers and politcitians often leads me to say things I later regret. Crow, It's whats for dinner.
litig8or
B Poster
B Poster

Post by litig8or »

Metalhead:

Apology accepted sir. And likewise, forgive my last remark with regard to your ID.

I can certainly understand your distrust of those in my profession. You know what they say: “99% of the lawyers give the rest of us a bad name.”

Now that that’s out of the way, what’s the easiest way to get the bolt knob off my 1712? I want to replace it with a 54:18 size knob. Consider this a waiver of liability for anyone giving advice!
Jim Beckley
Master Poster
Master Poster

Post by Jim Beckley »

Thanks, litig8or for all of the above listings.
U.S. Army-Donating blood since 1775.
Bob259
Uber Master Poster
Uber Master Poster

Post by Bob259 »

litig8or,is yours the one with a plastic knob or all metal? On my all metal one I had Evelio mill it and thread it, on my plastic one I just twisted it off and screwed on one I had from Champions Choice. Note: on the plastic ones some times you can heat them a bit with a heat gun or hair dryer and get them off but in most cases I've heard of they crack and come off in pieces, as mine did, as there is a dab of glue on them to hold them on.
F Troop - Southwest Outpost

Proud Member of the Ram Slammers US Division (Two Bob)
thskeer
A Poster
A Poster

Post by thskeer »

I had one with a brass looking liner and the black plastic making the ball shape, not unlike a 54.18 I used to have too. Both came off with heat to melt the glue\loctite stuff they used.

The previous poster who mentioned the knob wouldnt fit might need to be sure to specify Anschutz threads. I have knobs from Evelio and Bob, both with the 8mm (I think) threads and they all interchange. I asked for anschutz threads both times, and Bob makes some for Remington tactical projects in SAE threads so he might assume that was what you wanted.

Litig8tor, you might contact Evelio. He sent 3 with my 1710 bolt handle when he shipped back. All were relatively light; one std size round, one about 1.2" diameter, and one a cone shape that I really like. (Ps the 54.18 is doing well! THANKS)
Evelio Mc Donald
Sponsor
Sponsor

Post by Evelio Mc Donald »

litig8or
The instructions given by Bob 259 will work. Make sure you have a replacement knob in your hands before you try taking it off, 99% of the time, it will crack, and come off in pieces. I do have replacement knobs with the correct thread size, they are black phenolic with a brass insert.
Evelio.
Evelio
edgehit
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Post by edgehit »

I broke my knob taking it off and I can't say that I cried much. I put one on that matches my Pharr stock!
- Joe
andyt
Unclassified Poster

Post by andyt »

Thanks everyone, I just replaced my standard black resin bolt knob on my 1417 carbine with a custom threaded alloy knob. I had to resort to higher temperatures to soften the glue/locktite on the thread by using a small blowlamp very carefully on the bolt just below the thread - allowing the heat to travel up and melt the glue. It came off in one piece but the slip joint pliers left small marks on the old knob. Just put the new one on hand tight.

Andy..