Your thoughts on the Tikka T3......

More expensive to feed, but worth it.
BCloninger
Master Poster
Master Poster

Re: Your thoughts on the Tikka T3......

Post by BCloninger »

You're correct that it's a crude measure, and somewhat inaccurate for this thread, but I wanted to make the the point that US companies can compete with Finland on labor cost, so maybe the additional expense is in overhead? Sad.
"You are never too old to set another goal or to dream a new dream."
- C.S. Lewis
kevinbear
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Post by kevinbear »

I have a different theory on what is part of the problem of American industry, I emphasize "part of the problem" our choice to live by EPA rules while other countries don't is also killing our productivity but I like clean streams with fish in them as much as any tree hugger. Back to my theory, when average Joe American started investing in the stock market via his 401k back 20 years ago several things happened, a huge influx of money into wall street, and the average American started watching the stock market and more specifically the stocks/companies he was investing in with an expectation of financial gain. Sometimes people did extremely well especially with consideration of the .com companies. This put pressure on all the companies that were traded on wall street to meet gains even if they were short term. Ceo's and Cfo's that could produce gains on production or even on paper were rewarded like never before because there were so many more investors than anytime in history. They were rewarded so well in fact that many used unscrupulous business practices to create the illusion that the company was doing well knowing that once they hit the end of the year bonus lottery they could duck and run and be set for life.
The end result is companies being run into the ground for short term profits by Ceo's that could care less because their there for the short term and big bonuses.
AAA Shooter politically incorrect and loving it
Bob259
Uber Master Poster
Uber Master Poster

Post by Bob259 »

kevinbear wrote:................... They were rewarded so well in fact that many used unscrupulous business practices to create the illusion that the company was doing well knowing that once they hit the end of the year bonus lottery they could duck and run and be set for life.
The end result is companies being run into the ground for short term profits by Ceo's that could care less because their there for the short term and big bonuses.
Bingo right on..... Funny thing is we all can see this but the powers to be don't, or do and are being paid off to turn a cold shoulder to it in the way of campaign $$'s or perks. Face it it's a good old boys club at the top and common sense and grumbling by the drones will not change it. Another reason why there is such a push to take everyones firearms, with out them we are slaves, with them we are a threat to their corruption and greed.

Man have we strayed from the main topic.... x_x
F Troop - Southwest Outpost

Proud Member of the Ram Slammers US Division (Two Bob)
kevinbear
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Post by kevinbear »

Conversation on golf course somewhere outside D.C.; Okay senator this how it's going to happen, after I buy you a house in Florida and give you a bag of cash your going to vote to bail out the company I've been running into ground for the last five years, and make sure it's enough money so I can get a great bonus out it, I really want that place next to yours in 29 Palms.
BCloninger
Master Poster
Master Poster

Post by BCloninger »

Um, Folks, this line belongs BTB...
- C.S. Lewis
kevinbear
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Post by kevinbear »

I hope you believe it should be BTB because it's off the topic not because you are either afraid to hear the truth, don't believe it, or believe it should only be discussed behind closed doors. What's been going on is this country for the last 8 years should be talked about everywhere until the uninformed populace has a chance to understand why this countries economy is in a downward spiral. People are starting to get it, the Tea party is clear evidence of it.
BCloninger
Master Poster
Master Poster

Post by BCloninger »

Kevin, it's an important conversation, but is off topic and more socio-political than straight up shooting, so BTB is the better place for it to happen. As usual I have opinions on this, but again, opinions belong BTB.

If you're interested, set it up BTB as "American Manufacturing" or some such and I'll come play.
- C.S. Lewis