Crappy AZ Weekend Weather

More expensive to feed, but worth it.
Jerry G
Uber Master Poster
Uber Master Poster

Crappy AZ Weekend Weather

Post by Jerry G »

Another Sunday with a wasted trip to the range. Weather was real nice when I left home and still nice when I got to the range. By the time we got the rams set the wind came up and started blowing some of them over. By the time we got back to get our score cards about 1/2 of all targets were down. That wind just kept getting stronger and stronger. So..... We went back out, locked the targets up and went home. Weather was nice all week and then Sunday! That is my BITCH for the week. You know, you just can't please all the people.
BCloninger
Master Poster
Master Poster

Re: Crappy AZ Weekend Weather

Post by BCloninger »

We just had a nearly perfect day! Clear sky and mid-60's, with just enough wind to make things interesting. My first range trip this year - seems there was an earlier group shoot while I was recovering from a concussion. Dunno which one...
"You are never too old to set another goal or to dream a new dream."
- C.S. Lewis
Bob Mc Alice
Expert Master Poster
Expert Master Poster

Post by Bob Mc Alice »

Sorry to hear of your bad weather Jerry. We here in CO can feel your pain. We had our first HP match at CRC today since our State last Sept. We have lost many SB and HP to snow , cold or high winds this winter.We normally get in quite a bit of winter shooting. Today was in the low to mid 50's and calm. Nine guys showed up, much to my surprise to shoot a match. We chose to shoot only one match because the weather wizards predicted high winds in the afternoon. They were right......within 30 minutes after we put the animals away the wind came howling in from the south (probably out of AZ :) )

Lee O. hit 28 followed by Jim T. with 26. And Trent (posts on Smallbore here) at his first ever HP match hit 14 targets....with a borrowed rifle, a 7-08 I think. Nice shooting Trent. Time to start saving for the next phase of this addiction we all have. :)
Trent
Expert Master Poster
Expert Master Poster

Post by Trent »

Thanks Bob! I had an absolute blast today! I had planned on coming out and watching my first HP match and then do a little plinking after the match was over. I had no idea that Kevinbear had brought a rifle and ammo for me to shoot! :mrgreen: (Thanks again Kevin!!)

I haven't shot a centerfire rifle since I left the military in '97. :shock: Sure was a beautiful morning!! Thank you for making the new guy feel welcome, and I will be back for sure. :-bd

I feel for ya Jerry G. I just moved up here to from AZ in August. I used to drive all the way from south Scottsdale to Ben Avery to shoot. There wouldn't be an ounce of wind at my place and when I would show up to the range they would have it shut down because of high winds. With the price of gas these days it sure made for an expensive trip for nothin. :-\
BCloninger
Master Poster
Master Poster

Post by BCloninger »

Kudos to Kevinbear for ambushing you with a spare rifle, Trent! Sounds like you had a great time!
"You are never too old to set another goal or to dream a new dream."
- C.S. Lewis
Innocent
Uber Master Poster
Uber Master Poster

Post by Innocent »

BC...you gotta watch that Kevinbear guy, he'll sneak up on you every time. Trent, enjoy the addiction and think of it as money well spent, besides you got to shoot, sounds as though you would have missed out on some plinking if you had waited until the match was over.

Innocent
Proud member of SNOSS. I earned mine!
Proud member of IBDF Club...

Guilty until proven Innocent by the press.