where to shoot lever action

Centerfires, rimfires, pistol cartridges and everything in between.
shag
B Poster
B Poster

where to shoot lever action

Post by shag »

Was wondering if there are any ranges close to Olympia Wa. that are shooting cowboy leveraction Sil. matches. Thanks Shag. :-??
Byron
A Poster
A Poster

Re: where to shoot lever action

Post by Byron »

Shag:

SRPC shoots cowboy on the Sat. before the third Sunday of the month. The range is near Snohomish, WA. We shot there yesterday and had a great time.

Byron
Jason
Uber Master Poster
Uber Master Poster

Post by Jason »

The range that Byron is referring to is the Seattle Rifle and Pistol Association range in Machias, WA, about 8 miles east of Everett. It's my home range, so I'm a bit partial to it, but it's a very nice place. Here's the website for the club.

http://seattlerifle.org

Click on the calendar link to see when each event is shot. We shoot smallbore standard and hunter class silhouette on the 3rd Sunday of each month, with smallbore cowboy/smallbore hunter pistol and pistol cartridge cowboy/hunter pistol the Saturday before. That Saturday doesn't always end up being the 3rd Saturday if the first day of the month is Sunday. The only months that we don't shoot are June (annual club meeting) and September/October (hunter sight-in days). You can send me a PM here or email me at jason(at)themccurrys(dot)com if you have any questions.

Thanks!
shag
B Poster
B Poster

Post by shag »

Thanks for the heads up on the range and schedule. Thats not that far away. I will make the drive there soon to check it out. I used to shoot blackpowder competively years ago. I really like shooting with open sights. I don`t see as good as I used to and although I like to shot as good as I can, I`m not in it to win it, just want to have a good time. Thanks Shag