Keeping it

Want to buy or want to sell.
sobrbiker883
AA Poster
AA Poster

Keeping it

Post by sobrbiker883 »

edit 11/29-I'll just be keeping the rifle, if I decide to sell the stock I have the PM's still from those interested and will contact them prior to open sale.

Well folks, I haven't been shooting much HP, and have been shooting more "precision rifle" type stuff. I'm thinking of trading my 7-08 I had Evelio build for a complete barreled action. I was going to use the 7-08 for precision comps and have the barreled action in tactical stock under a Leupy 16X MK4 right now, but I'd rather use a 6.5 for that, and I'd like to see a silhouette shooter take advantage of the 7-08 build. I never shot if for groups on paper with my silhouette loads, but it puts five 150 Nosler BT's around 2600fps into a group about the size of an orange on rams.

What I have:
-Remington 700 SA (receiver face and lugs trued)
-Douglas XX 7-08 24" barrel (I think their magnum contour)
-R700 trigger
-Pharr RT/S stock
-all metalwork and stock inlet/bedding done by Evelio (I did relieve the trigger area to fit a Jackson trigger I no longer have)
-LW shroud
-rifle now has an aftermarket bolt knob to match the oversized knob on my 1712
-rifle makes hunter weight with a Weaver T24 in Talley LW one piece mounts-8.9lbs (Talleys and T24 could be added for right trade)

What I'm looking for
-R700 SA or clone action (trued)
-Quality stainless 6.5 barrel 1:8 twist, 22"-26" Remington Varmint or larger contour (.260, 6.5X47,6.5CM), round count <1000, screwed on by someone that knows their way around a rifle
-pinned lug would be great
-Jewell HVR or similar trigger
-Badger or other aftermarket bolt knob a plus

Bolt knob that's on it now:
Last edited by sobrbiker883 on Sun Nov 29, 2009 7:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Usually shooting scores right in class, too bad its the class below my classification!

Steve E
Joaquin B
AA Poster
AA Poster

Re: Trade feeler-my EMcD 7-08 for a 6.5 hvy barreled action

Post by Joaquin B »

PM Sent
Joaquin B
sobrbiker883
AA Poster
AA Poster

Post by sobrbiker883 »

Did you get my responses Joaquin?
Usually shooting scores right in class, too bad its the class below my classification!

Steve E
Jim Beckley
Master Poster
Master Poster

Post by Jim Beckley »

If modern conveniences like the internet, telephone and the like arent getting it done. Why don't you two just holler out the back door or send up smoke signals?
U.S. Army-Donating blood since 1775.