FWB 600????

Pumps, pre-charged, springers and everything else pneumatic.
thskeer
A Poster
A Poster

FWB 600????

Post by thskeer »

Looking at a FWB 600 side cocker. It appears I can get a scope on it with no rpoblem, and it chronographed at 620 fps.

Is this a competitive rig for Air Gun Silhouette? I diddn't want the extra cost of a compressed air gun, so a side coker like this was my best option.

Also, does anyone know who makes Air Rifle size swinger targets? I saw a cool set in a promotional DVD that IHMSA sends out, just like the Birchwood casey .22 size ones, only one-tenth size. I's like to shoot them in my yard, as opposed to paper all the time.

THANKS
Bob259
Uber Master Poster
Uber Master Poster

Re: FWB 600????

Post by Bob259 »

thskeer wrote:Looking at a FWB 600 side cocker. It appears I can get a scope on it with no rpoblem, and it chronographed at 620 fps.

Is this a competitive rig for Air Gun Silhouette? I diddn't want the extra cost of a compressed air gun, so a side coker like this was my best option.

Also, does anyone know who makes Air Rifle size swinger targets? I saw a cool set in a promotional DVD that IHMSA sends out, just like the Birchwood casey .22 size ones, only one-tenth size. I's like to shoot them in my yard, as opposed to paper all the time.

THANKS
One of the sponsers here sells AR Resettables and I believe swingers as well
... http://www.noteworthytargets.com
F Troop - Southwest Outpost

Proud Member of the Ram Slammers US Division (Two Bob)
malinois
Master Poster
Master Poster

Post by malinois »

The best air rifle swingers I have run into are the ones I bought from Beeman a few years ago...I shoot the hell out of them with a Theoben Elimenator in 22 caliber and at 32 FT pounds it really wacks the hell out of them..but they are still ticking....The rifle is for sale too....but as for the 600 FWB its originally set up as a paper puncher hence the 600 fps range with the light 7 to 8 grain match pellets....highly accurate rifle but it just does not hold up well in the wind and shooting the heavier pellets like the barracuda/Kodiak pellets that weigh in at 10.5 grains really slows her down and the drop at 45 yards is well dramatic. even I am leaning towards the precharged guns since once you get them set up with the proper power curve to pellet weight they will out shoot the conventional 10 meter guns and there is no cocking effort or recoil. The airarms 400 series as far as i know are a lot cheaper than the 600 FWB series and they shoot very well.
Dee
Master Poster
Master Poster

Post by Dee »

Is it your intention to just have a pellet rifle to shoot for trigger time or do you want to compete in Target Class silhouette with it? The nice thing about the 10m Target rifles is that you can use them in both Target and Open class so you cover 2 classes with one rifle. I have a S400 I use for Open class and you will need the air tank your trying to avoid to shoot it of course.

The nice thing about the 10m rifles is that they demand the best technique and follow through to obtain the best accuracy which will translate to any other rifle you shoot. I currently use a Steyr LG1 SSP similiar to the FWB 603 but would like to get a PCP 10m rifle since I already have the fill tank setup. It is nice having a self contained rifle though and I will grab the SSP even thought I have to cock it many times before filling up the S400 for a round. Much like the TX200 all you need is pellets and your set. The cocking is a drawback but not one I feel is holding me back, I just want a new 10m PCP to get 300 shots a fill without pumping but I don't plan to part with the Steyr due to the fact I never need air and it is just such a nice shooting rifle.

The FWB series have loading gates that need to be modified in many cases to clear a scope but people out there know what to do for this. What I would watch out for is the various model series of the FWB the 600 was the original and they had a lot of issues with the cocking linkage. If you could find one of the 601-603 series they are all free of this problem and have a few updates over the 600 itself.

Dee
Trespassers will be shot.
Survivors will be shot again!
thskeer
A Poster
A Poster

Post by thskeer »

This will be for basement practice more than anyhting. I dont think there is a single site holding approved AG Sil matches in Virginia, so this will probably be just for indoor 10m.

And Yes, I am looking for the greater benefit to my shooting across the board as opposed to competing in AG Sil in any formal manner.

Thanks for the info
slowstdy
AA Poster
AA Poster

Post by slowstdy »

Hi, If there are no matches, why not start one your self?
Oh i agree with Dee, look for a 601- 603
Cheers Limey

(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")
Growing old is mandatory. Growing up is optional
Proper Planning Prevents Piss Poor Performance