TX200

Pumps, pre-charged, springers and everything else pneumatic.
ppkny
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

TX200

Post by ppkny »

I received my TX200 this week and have been testing ammo. One problem I've been having is the difficulty in loading pellets. Man these things are small. Does anyone have a tool or technique they can share. Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks, ppkny
Bob259
Uber Master Poster
Uber Master Poster

Post by Bob259 »

Hold the pellets in your mouth and the saliva will help the stick to your fingers.... :lol: Oh then again maybe you want to consider another way.

Really, It just takes some practice to get used to the loading port and smaller pellets. I tried a pellet pusher and that didn't seem to help and just took more time. I think once you shoot it awhile and practice different ways of holding the TX it will get easier for you Pete, but at first if your not used to it and your fingers don't work as good as they used to it's a bear. I roll it over in my left arm a little bit while holding the cocking lever back and that seemed to work for me.
F Troop - Southwest Outpost

Proud Member of the Ram Slammers US Division (Two Bob)
isledweller
Unclassified Poster

Post by isledweller »

Ditto what Bob said. I was just out side in the 20 degree weather adjusting my new trigger. Gun rolled slightly to the left, cradled on my left arm and loaded pellets with my right thumb and index finger. Practice makes perfect!
Dee
Master Poster
Master Poster

Post by Dee »

Congrats on the new TX :D They are wonderful air rifles and built like a tank. As for loading pellets you will just get used to it after awhile as mentioned. I can load blind these days. Just practice consistently rolling the pellet to a pinch point between you fingertips so that when you reach inside to the barrel your just pivoting and pushing the pellet in at the same time with minimal finger motion. My index finger locates the barrel end right before the area I pinch the pellet gently and once touched I know to just roll it forward and in it goes.

As for cocking incase no one told you ALWAYS hold on and keep a hold of the cocking arm once your have it open and putting your fingers inside. Bad for the rifle to dry fire and worse on your fingers if inside.

When I cock mine I hold the grip with my right hand and cock with my left. After cocking I roll it over to the left a tad as mentioned above as I tuck the butt of the stock into the front hip joint area to secure it. Load the pellet and then release the bear trap with my right hand as my left hand returns the cocking arm to shut. With the auto safety if I am shooting targets and not hunting I will automatically let my right hand thumb come up and click off the safety as the rifle is just about shouldered all the way. Otherwise you will get a lot of extra hold drills in while your shooting :lol: .

As for pellets mine likes JSB Exact 8.4g as do most and many also like Crosman Premiers Lights. What pellets are you trying out right now? What scope and mount did you go with?

Dee
Trespassers will be shot.
Survivors will be shot again!
ppkny
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

TX200

Post by ppkny »

Thanks for the help. I guess it will take some practice. I've started to time myself and it's going to be close to shot 5 shots in 2 1/2 minuets. No dilly dally like you have with regular silhouette. By the time you cock, load and close the rifle for firing you don't have a lot of time to settle into your shooting position. But......I need a new challenge.
Bob259
Uber Master Poster
Uber Master Poster

Re: TX200

Post by Bob259 »

ppkny wrote:......... But......I need a new challenge.
This ain't a 'Bucket List' thing is it?????

After FT and Silhouette this year you'll be a old pro at loading the TX.
F Troop - Southwest Outpost

Proud Member of the Ram Slammers US Division (Two Bob)
ppkny
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

TX200

Post by ppkny »

Bob259,
The only thing we'll need a bucket for this year is to carry home the trophys.
ppkny
2lbtrigger
Unclassified Poster

Post by 2lbtrigger »

I always have to remind myself to push the safety off!
Even then I find myself pulling the trigger with the safety still on!
Sometimes I check it twice now just to make sure!
ppkny
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Post by ppkny »

Same here with the safety. Never had a gun that the safety came on automaticialy. As for the loading. It's getting easier but I still think it's going to be a hassel to cock, load, aim and shot 5 pellets in 2 1/2 minuets.
ppkny