I Was Wondering Part lll

General BS, Match Results, Upcoming Events and all around Gossip...
Jim Beckley
Master Poster
Master Poster

I Was Wondering Part lll

Post by Jim Beckley »

What percentage of shooters check their tire pressure, fluid levels, ect. in their cars or trucks, before they travel anywhere but fail to check to see if their screws are tight on their rifles before they go and shoot at a big or small match?
U.S. Army-Donating blood since 1775.
Jason
Uber Master Poster
Uber Master Poster

Post by Jason »

I do both. The 1712 likes 42 in-lbs front and isn't all that picky about rear. Anywhere from 20 in-lbs to 40+ in-lbs shoots about the same. I've only checked it with this last batch of Eley that I got from Cathy, so I don't know if it might vary with different ammo.
Bob259
Uber Master Poster
Uber Master Poster

Re: I Was Wondering Part lll

Post by Bob259 »

Jim Beckley wrote:What percentage of shooters check their tire pressure, fluid levels, ect. in their cars or trucks, before they travel anywhere but fail to check to see if their screws are tight on their rifles before they go and shoot at a big or small match?
I check them, but since going to the composite stocks I see no change. It was more so with my rifles with a wooden stock that were not pillar bedded.
F Troop - Southwest Outpost

Proud Member of the Ram Slammers US Division (Two Bob)
BlauBear
Uber Master Poster
Uber Master Poster

Post by BlauBear »

Everything but tire pressure, and I let the shop check that when they rotate 'em every 5,000 (yes, I really am that anal). Even though the rifles are pillar bedded in composite stocks it seems prudent. Since it burned me once, I even check the action bolts and rings again at the range.
"If the America people ever allow private banks to control the issuance of their currencies, first by inflation and then by deflation, the banks and corporations that will grow up around them will deprive the people of all their prosperity" - TJ
Bob259
Uber Master Poster
Uber Master Poster

Post by Bob259 »

BlauBear wrote:Everything but tire pressure, and I let the shop check that when they rotate 'em every 5,000 (yes, I really am that anal). Even though the rifles are pillar bedded in composite stocks it seems prudent. Since it burned me once, I even check the action bolts and rings again at the range.
LOL.. I check my tires weekly and any time I head out on a trip fluids. Tires especially itf there is a big temp swing e.g. coming into the winter/colder months. You'd be surprised how much your tires drop between warm to cold months
F Troop - Southwest Outpost

Proud Member of the Ram Slammers US Division (Two Bob)
Jerry G
Uber Master Poster
Uber Master Poster

Post by Jerry G »

I always have trouble with the loose screw behind the trigger. I don't think he will ever learn.
Bob Mc Alice
Expert Master Poster
Expert Master Poster

Post by Bob Mc Alice »

Heading to Gateway by noon today. Checked the vitals on the F-150 Tuesday afternoon. Noticed a tear in the serpentine belt. A visit to NAPA cost me $38 bucks. A 10 minute install, done. I did a quick trigger lightening on the 700 last nite, screws are tight, ready to light some dynamite! 8)
Innocent
Uber Master Poster
Uber Master Poster

Post by Innocent »

McAlice,
Have fun....wish I was there. Going to two FNRA dinners this weekend. THat should keep me out of trouble.

Innocent
Proud member of SNOSS. I earned mine!
Proud member of IBDF Club...

Guilty until proven Innocent by the press.