Having problems seing your front sight on black targets ????

Centerfires, rimfires, pistol cartridges and everything in between.
Evelio Mc Donald
Sponsor
Sponsor

Having problems seing your front sight on black targets ????

Post by Evelio Mc Donald »

During the Texas State match, all animals are painted black, and I had a hell of a time getting a good sight picture, my front post would just dissapier while on target or anywhere below during the first day's match. After the match was over, I happen to overheard a conversation about inverting the front post !!!!! so since I had plenty of time, I decided to rotated my front post, and all of a sudden I could put that dot on top of the animal and come down to flush with the top of the back, I could see everything perfect.
I procided to re-sight the gun in ( exactly two full revolutions down on the Williams sight from the original chicken setting ) The next day I shot a 54/60 with my first 15 turkeys in a roll, and completed my gram slam.
Try it, you will like it, and is perfectly legal per NRA rules, remember, it says a post or bead must be used, it does not specify which way the post must be pointing !!!!!!
Evelio.
Evelio
timfinle
A Poster
A Poster

Post by timfinle »

Evelio,

When you rotated the front site, did it change the height of the post? The reason I am asking is; on my winchester 22 mag, I cannot get the rear williams site low enough to put the front site on the animal. My poa is in the dirt below the animal. Some how, I need a taller front site.
tim
Evelio Mc Donald
Sponsor
Sponsor

FRONT POST

Post by Evelio Mc Donald »

Tim
Actually I had to come down two full revolutions from my normal chicken setting, you definetly will require a higher front sight.
Evelio