OFGC congratulates Twilla Toney!

General BS, Match Results, Upcoming Events and all around Gossip...
BlauBear
Uber Master Poster
Uber Master Poster

OFGC congratulates Twilla Toney!

Post by BlauBear »

Twilla Toney from the Benton, Arkansas gun club shot a perfect 40 in the Club match at the Old Fort Gun Club Silhouette Competition this afternoon and won the $50 Gift Certificate from The Tackle Box! Conditions were warm, bright and winds variable enough that many of us were struggling to guess just where it was coming from now.

Congratulations Twilla!
Last edited by BlauBear on Wed May 28, 2008 8:10 am, edited 3 times in total.
"If the America people ever allow private banks to control the issuance of their currencies, first by inflation and then by deflation, the banks and corporations that will grow up around them will deprive the people of all their prosperity" - TJ
duckgumbo
Master Poster
Master Poster
Location: Winnsboro, Louisiana - Home of the Southern Nationals, the Greatest Show on Dirt!

Post by duckgumbo »

I guess that she will have to be reclassified to Master Class for the Southern Nationals. Was this an approved NRA match and entered into the score books?
Sgt. O'Ducky
Ftard Troop
BlauBear
Uber Master Poster
Uber Master Poster

Post by BlauBear »

She shot in the club match, not the the 1/5 scale.
"If the America people ever allow private banks to control the issuance of their currencies, first by inflation and then by deflation, the banks and corporations that will grow up around them will deprive the people of all their prosperity" - TJ
duckgumbo
Master Poster
Master Poster
Location: Winnsboro, Louisiana - Home of the Southern Nationals, the Greatest Show on Dirt!

Post by duckgumbo »

Good to know! You should have posted this info in the beginning to avoid any confusion! 40 in a row on any scale is an accomplishment. I do not think that I could shoot a 40 from the bench!
Sgt. O'Ducky
Ftard Troop
BlauBear
Uber Master Poster
Uber Master Poster

Post by BlauBear »

duckgumbo wrote:Good to know! You should have posted this info in the beginning to avoid any confusion!
But, but, I did! I swear! Club side at OFGC is the larger steel!

You're right, though. I couldn't have shot 40 on that yesterday afternoon, even off the bench, but then I'm only AA anyway...
jneihouse
Distinguished Master Poster
Distinguished Master Poster

Post by jneihouse »

That it was windy was a understatement. During the second match of the day the match had to be halted to repair sheet metal roofing that had came loose and was banging and threatening to fly away. Great job, Twila, shooting under tough conditions.

A word on what we call the "club" match at OFGC. It's a match shot at the same time as the approved 1/5 scale match at 1/2 scale hunter pistol silhouette animals. It's basically Smallbore Cowboy Rifle Silhouette with no restrictions on the gun that can be used. Kind of a "run what ya brung" kind of thing. This is a great way for us to introduce inexperienced youth and adults to shooting and to accustom them to the range commands. It's also a great place for the average guy who has a .22 to be introduced to competitive shooting without experiencing the frustration of trying to hit 1/5 scale targets with a box stock 10-22 with a lawyer proof trigger. Of course it shot "for fun" and is NOT an NRA approved match and as such no scores are entered in books. It has proved an invaluable way to recruit new shooters and we are enjoying good sustained growth in our silhouette program, thanks in a large part to the club match that lets new and young shooters experience success and be rewarded for success. Most of the folks who cut their teeth on the "big" targets move over to the approved 1/5 scale smallbore side

Saturday's match was well attended with folks coming as far awaya s the Benton/Little Rock area and also from southern Missouri. To all who attended, we appreciate you and invite you back

John Neihouse
Old Fort Gun Club
Smallbore Rifle Silhouette Director

aka
Kitty
Commander in Chief, F Troop
duckgumbo
Master Poster
Master Poster

Post by duckgumbo »

Good idea! Anything to encourage others into our realm!
Sgt. O'Ducky
Ftard Troop
mordecai
Forum Fiddler
Forum Fiddler

Post by mordecai »

Nice job!
ImageImage
duckgumbo
Master Poster
Master Poster

Post by duckgumbo »

Mordecai, just sent you and email about accommodations here.
Sgt. O'Ducky
Ftard Troop
BlauBear
Uber Master Poster
Uber Master Poster

Post by BlauBear »

It is a great feeder program for the NRA match - It's where Kitty hooked me, or was it the free dog?