Any serious air rifle silhouette shoots in LA (CA)

Pumps, pre-charged, springers and everything else pneumatic.
Shandy
B Poster
B Poster

Any serious air rifle silhouette shoots in LA (CA)

Post by Shandy »

Hi guys, I'm just sending out a question to ask if there are any serious silhouette competitions in Los Angeles?

I have been to LASC, Shadetree shooters and CASA. The latter two shoot air rifle silhouette but there is little turn out for shadetree (a few pistols, not much rifle) and CASA doesn't shoot too seriously (well, not affilated with NRA anyway) and is more of a casual shoot; their numbers are also a little low for the silhouette shoots from what I've been told.

So are there any other places that shoot air rifle silhouette in LA?

I'd also be interested in any information people could provide on turn out numbers for the LASC small bore rifle silhouette shoots.

I'm about to buy some gear to get back into the sport but it doesn't seem like there is a lot happening in LA in regards to rifle silhouette. Any help would be appreciated as I don't want to spend the money and only see 5-6 shooters at an event.

Thanks, Shandy
Shandy
B Poster
B Poster

Post by Shandy »

Oh well, guess not. I'll keep asking around the clubs and see if there is more available or something that I don't know about.

Thanks, Shandy
Steve Tapp
B Poster
B Poster

Post by Steve Tapp »

Shandy, there is a low turn out for rifle silhouette at LASC because You aren't making the effert to join the fun. LASC Ironman (28 matches at the Extravaganza). I shot with shade tree since the rencings ran the matches. I also ran indoor pistol silhouette at Escondido for 10 years. At my wife's request, I now live in Arkansas and will be starting up air gun silhouette as soon as my shop is completed. So get yourself to LASC and shoot some matches and bring a friend.
Shandy
B Poster
B Poster

Post by Shandy »

Will do. Getting my rifle this weekend so will be able to finally play and make regular attendances. Hooray.

Thanks for the response. Cheers, Shandy