Thanks to the Southern crew that came to Pe Ell...

This is what we do.
Jason
Uber Master Poster
Uber Master Poster

Thanks to the Southern crew that came to Pe Ell...

Post by Jason »

Just wanted to thank you folks that came up and took the time to shoot the breeze with me up here. It sure was nice to hear some Southern accents and talk about things like football that people up here in the west Northwest don't seem to care much for. The first thing my wife said when I got home was "You sound like you've been back in Alabama for a week." Evidently, I picked a little of the accept back up from you boys. Maybe in a few years when I get the new rugrats settled in a little better I'll get to make the trip down to the Southern Nationals. :)
jneihouse
Distinguished Master Poster

Post by jneihouse »

I think I can safely say we all had a blast. David and I are definately coming back next year and we'll probably be able to talk the Chickster into coming back once he forgets how bad he felt on the plane trip back.....Don't ask me for details, they'll have to come from the Chicken's beak.....I managed to put together 4 of the worst scores that I've shot in several years ,but had a great time doing it. Something about losing sensitivity in my trigger finger when I'm cold to the bone.....Really enjoyed Marvin Pearson's hospitality in opening up his home and his shop to us and it was a real treat to meet Shooting Paul, AKA Pepe Lepew...You know, rework his accent a little bit and he could be from the swamps of Louisiana...Jason when you get homesick just go to the local gym, get in the sauna, crank up a little Lynard Skinner on the headphones and close your eyes and say..."There's no place like home, theres no place like home......."
Commander in Chief, F Troop
duckgumbo
Master Poster
Master Poster
Location: Winnsboro, Louisiana - Home of the Southern Nationals, the Greatest Show on Dirt!

Post by duckgumbo »

Kitty,

Could not have said it better! Something about the weather up there must effect the tightness of the screws holding down the scope bases. Just ask the Chickster!

The folks were great and very hospitable and I hope to see many of them in Winnsboro next year. I know it was too near our event this year for them to make plans after hearing form the infamous Willie Bill Zander how great our match is. We always knew it, but could not adequately convey it in an unbiased manner.

I am thinking Gumbo on Friday night at the range for the next CB match. Too easy to make it up, freeze it and ship it to Marvelous Marv! I just cannot afford the beer for these guys!

Duckgumbo
Sgt. O'Ducky
Ftard Troop
Jason
Uber Master Poster
Uber Master Poster

Post by Jason »

jneihouse wrote:Something about losing sensitivity in my trigger finger when I'm cold to the bone.....
Yeah, after sight-in on Friday, I thought Pe Ell was actually going to give up a warm, sunny day for shooting on Saturday. I took all my warm clothes out of the vehicle and left them at Mike's (mordecai on here) house and probably would have left my raincoat there too if I had noticed it. Then I wanted to crawl into one of the heaters by noon. It was just luck that I had the raincoat and still had some of the little disposable handwarmers in my range box from our winter shoots. Even with those, I still posted fairly miserable scores (22 and 25) on Saturday.

I talked to my parents in AL on the way home on Sunday night and it was still 70 degrees there at 9:30pm. I wanna go back to the South! :roll:
GeoNLR
Sponsor
Sponsor

Post by GeoNLR »

duckgumbo wrote:
Something about the weather up there must effect the tightness of the screws holding down the scope bases. Just ask the Chickster!

Duckgumbo

Oh man, that was soo funny I almost forgot to laugh! *crock sucka*
Image Chicken George
nomad
AA Poster
AA Poster

Post by nomad »

duckgumbo wrote:Kitty,

I am thinking Gumbo on Friday night at the range for the next CB match. Too easy to make it up, freeze it and ship it to Marvelous Marv!

Duckgumbo
David,

Won't you have to pay hazmat fees on that? lol
E Kuney
ajj
AA Poster
AA Poster

Post by ajj »

"There is no such thing as bad weather, just inappropriate clothing." Anon.
dwl
AA Poster
AA Poster

Winter Nationals

Post by dwl »

I read all that winin' about the coooold weather but I noticed that Teresa and the Chickster was wearin' shorts! Guess the bitchin' was just for effect cause I knew it wasn't cold, the rain was still wet. Maybe they was just flauntin".

Come to think of it, the range here is adding a new bay long enough for silhouette. What da ya think, maybe we could start the Winter Nationals! -20F ok?

dwl

Postscriptum The sweatshirt at Pe Ell was just to keep dry.
jneihouse

Post by jneihouse »

Just like they told me in Phoenix last summer at the nationals when it was like 117 degrees...."It's a different kind of heat".....Yeah, whatever...
Commander in Chief, F Troop