Leupold 24 BR worth? (Update)

All the dope on risers, rings, scopes and optics.
Buckshot1822
B Poster
B Poster

Leupold 24 BR worth? (Update)

Post by Buckshot1822 »

I have a chance to buy a Leupold 24 BR with a 4 inch sunshade and it also has some decent looking aluminum rings with it. Its the silver model it looks to be in "good" shape its got fine hairs with what looks to be a 1/8" dot.......they want 390 for it is that a good price?
Last edited by Buckshot1822 on Sat Feb 09, 2008 11:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"The day guns are outlawed is the day I become an outlaw."
chickenchoker
A Poster
A Poster

Post by chickenchoker »

It will cost you about another $100 or there abouts to get a bigger dot from TKLee or leupold. That would put you at $490. As long as you can adjust it to be parallax-free at the chickens, it'll cost about $100 less than a new 25x leupold. How does that sound to ya?
BlauBear
Uber Master Poster
Uber Master Poster

Post by BlauBear »

Good glass holds value and a Leupold 24BR is good glass. If the finish is good and the Leupold warranty is intact (it should be) then that's a decent price.
"If the America people ever allow private banks to control the issuance of their currencies, first by inflation and then by deflation, the banks and corporations that will grow up around them will deprive the people of all their prosperity" - TJ
Buckshot1822
B Poster
B Poster

Clicks....

Post by Buckshot1822 »

Well, I ended up buying the scope today, the only other question I have is what are the clicks on this scope? By looking at the turrets Im guessing they are 1/4" clicks, but it doesnt say anywhere.......Thanks
dryfire
A Poster
A Poster

Post by dryfire »

Your educated guess is correct. They are 1/4 " clicks at 100m.
You've got a nice scope there. Lifetime warranty is always nice with
Leupolds barring any unauthorized tampering.It seemss like yours would
probably be OK !
GeoNLR
Sponsor
Sponsor

Post by GeoNLR »

Also as far as dot installs go....

Only way to maintain that lifetime warranty is to get Leupold to install the dot.

They no longer charge shipping for custom shop work.

Get the scope to them w/ a $60 check and they will install a .0060" dot and return it to you.
Image Chicken George
Buckshot1822
B Poster
B Poster

Post by Buckshot1822 »

I think the dot that is in there is fine for now, Im a young buck still have good eyesight, but I will probably swap it out in the future