New Sightron silhouette scope...

All the dope on risers, rings, scopes and optics.
kevinpagano
AA Poster
AA Poster

Post by kevinpagano »

Just got the 2008 Sightron Brochure. Looks like they have obviously. I applaud them for giving us what we want. I think this deserves some support.

I would love to look through one of these and a Leupold or Bush 4200 and compare glass.

Kevin
Dee
Master Poster
Master Poster

Post by Dee »

I just got the catalog myself, it looks like a nice scope and I have only heard good things about Sightron from the airgun users. Having had my mind made up on a T24 I am just not sure with the small dot and 1/8 clicks not that it would be the end of the world. The larger dot and adjustable magnification are what I am thinking long and hard about.

If Chicken George is going to have them for 5 bills in March I just might give one a try myself, very tempting indeed. No matter what I need a better scope soon.

Dee
Trespassers will be shot.
Survivors will be shot again!
Jason
Uber Master Poster
Uber Master Poster

Post by Jason »

Yep.. very tempting indeed. I just wish Sightron had had the forethought to put the smallbore and possibly even high power silhouette distances on the AO bell. After having those on my T24s and, shockingly enough, having them actually be accurate, I think I'd find it hard to not have that even if I had pencil or paint marks instead. Has anyone seen one clearly enough in person or in a picture to see for sure what it takes to reset the turrets to zero? I hope it's not two or three set screws that take an allen wrench to loosen/tighten.
kevinpagano
AA Poster
AA Poster

Post by kevinpagano »

I havent seen it close but looks like they are set screws to me. I prefer the knob on the top like the Bush or weavers. I called sightron and told them that the meter markings really would have helped make the scope a hit with silhouette shooters. I am still confused as to why it seems so difficult to make the perfect silhouette scope. In my eyes anyway. Though the sightron might be close if the glass is great.
dave imas
A Poster
A Poster

Post by dave imas »

we find the funniest things to worry about... i'm more than happy to work with 1/8 minute clicks and even a blank bell with no distance markings to get extremely consistent elevation adjustment.
Jason
Uber Master Poster
Uber Master Poster

Post by Jason »

Yeah, but you used to shoot with that old Weaver 12X that was like looking through one of those old, small Coke bottles, too. That day you let me shoot your rifle, I was amazed at the utter perfection of the rifle and the stark contrast of it and that old scope sitting on it. I think your eyes must be a LOT better than mine if you could pick spots on turkeys and rams with that scope. :)
dave imas
A Poster
A Poster

Post by dave imas »

it was a fine scope! the reason you were frightened by it was that it was a 6x scope. not a 12x. they were small little buggers weren't they! made things exciting. :)
kevinpagano
AA Poster
AA Poster

Post by kevinpagano »

Dave, we do find the funniest things to be concerned about, but isnt that half the fun. The thing that I do need without a doubt is good glass due to an unrepairable eye condition.

I spoke with Sightron today. Very nice lady on the phone. She said they did a comparison at the Shot Show and felt the big sky scope had better glass than a Leupold vxIII but there glass was a bit under a Swaravski.
edgehit
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Post by edgehit »

All that, and it comes with a 5/8' dot. SWEEET!
- Joe