Nikko Sterling Target Master 6-24x. Anyone familiar with it?

All the dope on risers, rings, scopes and optics.
Dee
Master Poster
Master Poster

Nikko Sterling Target Master 6-24x. Anyone familiar with it?

Post by Dee »

While investigating my options for a new scope I came across the Nikko Sterling Target Master line that offers a 6-24x Dot scope but I can not find the dot's size itself listed anywhere.

Anyone have experience with these scopes or know the dot size? I know the airgun FT crowd loves them and they repeat just fine with the heavy dialing back and forth required for Field Target use. Looks like a potential candidate for a variable power dot scope to use for silhouette.

I had thought about going with a T24 but I am not sure I want to be stuck with only one magnification.

My short list now includes the Bushnell 4200 6-24x, the Nikko Sterling and the new Sightron Big Sky Sil model I am just not sure how much I would like a 1/2" dot. I couldn't find one to check out at this weekends match but I was being told it covers nearly the entire chicken leaving only the head and tail visible. That has me thinking it will be to large for me as the 1/4" and 3/8" dots look just right to me.

Dee
Trespassers will be shot.
Survivors will be shot again!
lone ringer
Master Poster
Master Poster

Post by lone ringer »

Dee, what they told you is not correct but then it depends on what size chicken you are talking about and the distance that you are shooting at it.

a 1/2" dot covers roughly .5 inch at 100 yards and .25 at 50 yards. The 1/5 size chickens we shoot at 40 meters which is less than 50 yards are 2.75 inches from tip of tail to end of head and about 2 inches from top of their backs to bottom of base so if you had a 24X scope with a 1/2" dot it would not cover all of the head of the chicken with it.