State Championship Match Info

General BS, Match Results, Upcoming Events and all around Gossip...
Jim Beckley
Master Poster
Master Poster

Post by Jim Beckley »

I think I've started something that should be on another thread that I'll open as soon as I finished this. First I want to thank all the match directors for what they do and continue to do, for putting up the the BS not only from the NRA, but from those few shooters who are the last to show up for a match (when the work is done), and the first to complain when things aren't right. It really chafs my rear when someone who has been shooting along time, has never ran a match, but will be the first to tell you how to run yours! And finally a real big thanks to the directors at the smaller clubs, when there is work to be done at the range and it's all you!
kevinpagano
AA Poster
AA Poster

Post by kevinpagano »

I know Mary, It just bothers me a bit the unorganization and lack of marketing and support for our sport. It really does take people on the local level to make it happen.

SO WHY DO WE NEED THE NRA FOR OUR SPORT IF THEY CANT EVEN PUT ON THE BEST MATCH IN THE COUNTRY. WHAT IS IT THAT THEY DO??

That is ok but what about the markets that have low participation and no chance to recruit newcomers.

More than likely the reason for the success in other disciplines is because there is no beaurocracy involved and people want success. I think the only reason the NRA even does this is because it looks good politically.

It is easy for me to say this cause I dont have the time or energy to promote a big change.

Kevin
genphideaux
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Post by genphideaux »

kevin,

I have been on the opposite side of the fence from the NRA Silhouette Committee for years and all I can tell you is that I do this for me and the sheer enjoyment. The local, state and regional
We have but one life to live, live it like you stole it, live it right up to the hilt.

God Bless the USA

Dawg
kevinpagano
AA Poster
AA Poster

Post by kevinpagano »

I agree with you that the sheer enjoyment of shooting and progressing in a sport is what it is all about and that is where the enjoyment comes from. It is just too bad that the organization and promotion from the governing body is in the state it is in. There is no way everyone can be happy with everything that goes on. I understand that. It is just to bad that they act like they dont care if the sport lives or dies.

Kevin
Bob259
Uber Master Poster
Uber Master Poster

Post by Bob259 »

Dwag, We do it and will keep doing it for the people that we shoot with, have fun with and just plain old BS with, that's what makes this sport what it is, it's not the Nationals it's the people.

And oh what a mixed bag we are :wink: :shock: