They only complain when

General BS, Match Results, Upcoming Events and all around Gossip...
BlauBear
Uber Master Poster
Uber Master Poster

Post by BlauBear »

If Dawg shows up to shoot something he's unclassified with, then as a matter of respect and courtesy for a known shooter, let him compete in any class that suits him until he is classified. Every shooter I know has the integrity to compete appropriately, and is not going to gamble with their reputation to sandbag, so this is not an issue I can take seriously.

Besides, whatever Dawg beats me by isn't enough to discourage me a bit 'cause some day I mean to beat him... :P
"If the America people ever allow private banks to control the issuance of their currencies, first by inflation and then by deflation, the banks and corporations that will grow up around them will deprive the people of all their prosperity" - TJ
genphideaux
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Post by genphideaux »

BlauBear wrote:If Dawg shows up to shoot something he's unclassified with, then as a matter of respect and courtesy for a known shooter, let him compete in any class that suits him until he is classified. Every shooter I know has the integrity to compete appropriately, and is not going to gamble with their reputation to sandbag, so this is not an issue I can take seriously.

Besides, whatever Dawg beats me by isn't enough to discourage me a bit 'cause some day I mean to beat him... :P
Thanks, Your day will come, practice, practice, practice and just in case you forgot practice.

Now about this slingshot thing, do I need to contact anschutz direct or should I just email them my request. Have a phone call into Greg Conners to see where they plan to hold the nationals for silhoutte slingshot, which animal sizes are they going to use and distance.
Never to soon to start practice'in.
We have but one life to live, live it like you stole it, live it right up to the hilt.

God Bless the USA

Dawg
BlauBear
Uber Master Poster
Uber Master Poster

Post by BlauBear »

genphideaux wrote:Now about this slingshot thing, do I need to contact anschutz direct or should I just email them my request. Have a phone call into Greg Conners to see where they plan to hold the nationals for silhoutte slingshot, which animal sizes are they going to use and distance.
I expect Champions Choice is working out the import arrangements, but there is some confusion over the sanctioning body, since a slingshot isn't a firearms, so we may have to form a National Slingshot Association, but then the initials "NSA" are already taken and would just add to the confusion. There are many, many details to work out before the season starts.
"If the America people ever allow private banks to control the issuance of their currencies, first by inflation and then by deflation, the banks and corporations that will grow up around them will deprive the people of all their prosperity" - TJ
shakes
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Post by shakes »

Correct me if I'm wrong but I thought silhouette shooting was supposed to be fun. That's why I shoot silhouette. The first time I shot at a match was a blast and I was hooked. I didn't care what my score was or how many animals i knocked down. When i go to matches i dont think of who im going to beat today, i concentrate on if i can get more animals then last weeks match. I like to win my class, dont get me wrong, but do i say anything or try to make someone else feel bad about how they won, no. I shoot for myself and always will shoot for myself. I think Dawg is right if someone can't deal with losing they have some mental problems going on and need to see someone, cause if there like this when the shoot silhouette, imangine what the rest of there life is like. Can't we all just get along :D as far a classes "we dont need no stinkin classes"
Jason
Uber Master Poster
Uber Master Poster

Post by Jason »

Yeah, yeah.. you need to stop sandbaggin' yourself, Shakes. I know you have the ability and therefore you should be moved up to master class in both standard and hunter. :)
shakes
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Post by shakes »

Jason wrote:Yeah, yeah.. you need to stop sandbaggin' yourself, Shakes. I know you have the ability and therefore you should be moved up to master class in both standard and hunter. :)
I knew I shoulda kept my fingers quiet :lol:
glen ring
Master Poster
Master Poster

classes

Post by glen ring »

I shot IPSC years ago and I never figured out the classification thing.

I'd shoot B class at one range and be placed in master class at another. I liked to win as much as the next guy, but when I entered the match and they placed me in Master class because of Known ability, I thought it was a rip-off as I never was that good. Then it hit me. I was a MASTER shooting with the MASTER squad! The possibility of a plastic trophy wasn't nearly as important anymore and shooting with these guys that were far better than I was somehow made me a better shooter. I guess it worked out for the better, for me anyway.
I have only shot smallbore silhouette for one year and I think I'm only an A class shooter, but if you put me in Master Class maybe I can learn something from a Master Class ( or any other class) shooter that spots for me. I just want to learn as much as possible to enable me to hit more of those targets. If I win anything at a match I will gladly give it to the youngest shooter at the match and I hope that young person doesn't feel uncomfortable giving an old guy like me shooting tips.