Pampa Silhouette Schedule

Centerfires, rimfires, pistol cartridges and everything in between.
375Short
A Poster
A Poster

Pampa Silhouette Schedule

Post by 375Short »

Pampa flyer master.pdf
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
edgehit
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Re: Pampa Silhouette Schedule

Post by edgehit »

I’ll see if I can work in a trip to shoot your match.
- Joe
375Short
A Poster
A Poster

Post by 375Short »

Thanks, that would be great. No idea what turnout will be like, my guess is fairly small this first season.
375Short
A Poster
A Poster

Post by 375Short »

Few pictures of the Pampa Texas Rifle and Pistol Club silhouette range set for its first 2024 match. Currently shooting SB and Pistol Cartridge Leveraction with Club rifle matches held concurrently. Matches held Monthly on the second Sunday starting at 0900 with 0800 practice, 0700 set up. Geographically this range is on a unique location, it sits literally where the N. Texas Panhandle transitions from flat farm land to rolling and rougher ranch land. Scenic is a warranted description.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
dhatch
AA Poster
AA Poster

Post by dhatch »

That really looks good. Very unique.
Proud Member of the C. C. S. A.
hermit5
AA Poster
AA Poster

Post by hermit5 »

Nice looking range,Good Job.
Thank you also for showing black and white targets.
I know they are the same size but white ones always look bigger to me as seen side by side.
375Short
A Poster
A Poster

Post by 375Short »

The two target color had several reasons. Wanted to see what color would work well at this range, satisfying the shooters who seemed about split on color choice, creat easy separation between the banks and that’s the color paint we had. I agree white looked bigger brighter and better, then the sun come out bright and full making them nearly invisible. No split vote for the sunny afternoon match, black was 100% vote winner.
chickenhater
B Poster
B Poster

Post by chickenhater »

I agree with hermit the difference in contrast does make the white targets appear larger.
We have a similar issue at the Rutherford co matches, white on pigs and Rams, black on chicken and turkey... most of the time. If its wet and overcast then white all around.