Need Help Please

Want to buy or want to sell.
ppkny
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Need Help Please

Post by ppkny »

Selling:
I'm not new to this forum but kind of clueless when it comes to buying and selling on the Market Place.
I understand how to list things but what happens after that, specifically how the money is collected when you sell something.
1, List something for sale
2. Someone agrees to buy it.
3. What next ?

ppkny
375Short
A Poster
A Poster

Re: Need Help Please

Post by 375Short »

3. The buyer pays you in a form you have agreed upon. You ship or deliver the item in a way agreed upon. (This is often worked through the personal message feature, email or phone call)

Selling or buying from a setting like this requires some level of trust. Fortunately this site is comprised mainly of like minded enthusiasts and more likely than not of much better character than the general population as a whole. That said, both parties are assuming some risk and the modern world is full of horror stories from none hand to hand transactions.
Merlin
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Post by Merlin »

If you deal only with people with a known history. Such as long time members of this or other forums you are usually safe as most people who have been around a while value their reputation far more than the cost of a gun or equipment. Get a phone number and speak to whoever you buy from. Ask for a picture of the items, taken the same day, with their name and phone number in the photo which helps ensure they actually do have the product in hand. I use PayPal quite a bit but you are safer using a postal money order when buying.

Most importantly, IMHO, if it sounds to good to be true......

If your selling - money in hand prior to shipping product.
"Only God can judge me." Merlin

"Merlin..Your'e a rimfire whore." God

NRA Lever Action Silhouette - You get more clang for your bang with lever action silhouette.....
TSRA Lifer
NRA Patriot Patron Lifer
rolltide
B Poster
B Poster

Post by rolltide »

All I would add is to please make sure you package whatever you're selling appropriately.

I recently purchased a Browning Buckmark here and the seller didn't package it well. There was no padding and the sight hoods were pushed down to almost flat because there was nothing to protect them. The sides of the slide were scratched and an otherwise nice pistol lost a good deal of value.
ppkny
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Post by ppkny »

Guys,
Thanks for all the help, really appreciate it.
PPKNY