Maybe High Power Isn't For Me?

More expensive to feed, but worth it.
c4p6t7r188
B Poster
B Poster

Re: Maybe High Power Isn't For Me?

Post by c4p6t7r188 »

Merlin wrote: Tue Aug 22, 2023 10:42 am You can spend as much as you want but... A Howa Mini in 6.5 Grendel is $500.00 on GB. Add a padded cheekpiece if you want. 123s for Rams and 95s for C,P & T. Easy Peasy.
Do you or know of anyone that uses one? I think I would like to try this route, but that magazine seems like it would get in the way of holding the rifle. Maybe I can find one locally to hold.
jbmarshtx
A Poster
A Poster

Post by jbmarshtx »

You can actually cut the magazine down to hold 3-4 rounds and it will sit almost flush with the bottom of the rifle. There's a ridge on it that will serve to put the bottom plate on it. Google it, if you have a Howa you can probably find it.

There are a couple of bdl style options as well, but you're going to have to spend a bit more.
Merlin
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Post by Merlin »

"Only God can judge me." Merlin

"Merlin..Your'e a rimfire whore." God

NRA Lever Action Silhouette - You get more clang for your bang with lever action silhouette.....
TSRA Lifer
NRA Patriot Patron Lifer
Merlin
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Post by Merlin »

This is a Jefferson Outdoor magazine set up using CZ 527 mags. They also make a hinged floorplate and a blind top loading setup. All from aluminum. I got the first version using CZ mags but for silhouette it might be better to get the one of the other styles offered or the Oregunsmithing offer which is also a quality piece. My rifle is in a Bell & Carlson M40 stock but the factory plastic stock is solid and actually feels pretty nice......

Bell and Carlson 6.5 Grendel Howa mini 2 (2).jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
"Only God can judge me." Merlin

"Merlin..Your'e a rimfire whore." God

NRA Lever Action Silhouette - You get more clang for your bang with lever action silhouette.....
TSRA Lifer
NRA Patriot Patron Lifer
c4p6t7r188
B Poster
B Poster

Post by c4p6t7r188 »

Thanks for the information! Hopefully this off season is interesting.