CRC Firing Line Cover Update 4

General BS, Match Results, Upcoming Events and all around Gossip...
Bob Mc Alice
Expert Master Poster
Expert Master Poster

CRC Firing Line Cover Update 4

Post by Bob Mc Alice »

Took a few hours off from work this morning and headed to the range. Was breezy and 45 degrees at 9am. The crew made good progress this week. All that is left is some post bracing at the headers, aluminum trim panels on the ends , and for the roofing shingles to be installed. Contractor says it will be complete by Nov.1. He also said that the overall length of the structure was 290 ft. , not 325 ft. as I was originally told. The next pictures I will post will be from our next HP match on Nov. 4th. weather permitting of course. http://s190.photobucket.com/albums/z94/ ... cover%204/
Last edited by Bob Mc Alice on Fri Oct 26, 2007 3:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bob259
Uber Master Poster
Uber Master Poster

Post by Bob259 »

Looking good Bob. How far are you from Boulder? I get out to Boulder a few times a year for work and if there over a weekend would be able to drive down.
Bob Mc Alice
Expert Master Poster
Expert Master Poster

Post by Bob Mc Alice »

Hi Bob, well I'm back at work now. I just got back from a 150 mile round trip and now my boss wants me to go to work. What a nerve. I live about 12 miles S.E. from Boulder in Arvada. Let me know next time you are out this way, we'll get out and shoot some HP during your visit. You can have Kevin P.'s "come out and shoot for free" ticket........Bob M.
Innocent
Uber Master Poster
Uber Master Poster

Post by Innocent »

Darn McAlice you are making me want to show up to shoot HP with you all, just to be on such a nice looking range.

Innocent
Proud member of SNOSS. I earned mine!
Proud member of IBDF Club...

Guilty until proven Innocent by the press.
Bob259
Uber Master Poster
Uber Master Poster

Post by Bob259 »

BOB MC ALICE wrote:Hi Bob, well I'm back at work now. I just got back from a 150 mile round trip and now my boss wants me to go to work. What a nerve. I live about 12 miles S.E. from Boulder in Arvada. Let me know next time you are out this way, we'll get out and shoot some HP during your visit. You can have Kevin P.'s "come out and shoot for free" ticket........Bob M.
GREAT!!! sounds like a plan to me :D
Bob Mc Alice
Expert Master Poster
Expert Master Poster

Post by Bob Mc Alice »

Innocent, you don't think I have driven 600 miles this past month and showing off our new line cover just for bragging rights do you? That little blue 89 AWD Corolla has nearly 230K miles on it, half due to trips to CRC. Of course I am showing it to the silhouette community to get more people to come back and shoot in CO. We have always had a bad rap as a hostile range to shoot at. Standing on the line in the hot summer sun is brutal. Many shooters have not come back because of this. We can't control the wind, it is just a natural pain in the ass occurance on the high plains. And it is not windy all the time. But now we won't have to deal with the sun anymore. I'll take shade over wind anytime. I do have a "come out and shoot for free" ticket that Kevin P. might not want anymore, your welcome to it....Bob.
Last edited by Bob Mc Alice on Fri Oct 26, 2007 3:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Innocent
Uber Master Poster
Uber Master Poster

Post by Innocent »

BOB,
no telling when I'll show up in Denver again, the next NREL will be a year from now but the pv and solar thermal departments here have merged so I never know who I'm working for today....but you can bet I'll be out to visit.
Innocent

kevinpagano
AA Poster
AA Poster

Post by kevinpagano »

STOP!! STOP!! STOP!! Lets back this bus up right now BOB. OK I now see what happens when I have to put in way too much time at work. People are out there subversively trying to steal my free shooting ticket away. Stop the presses yank on those rains and stop this animal from going any further. LOL You all can share my free shooting ticket if you want. I would still like to at least borrow a gun so I can try this HP Silhouette. I might even make it next weekend if the weather holds.

BOB does the new firing line cover extend to the small bore range too???

I am covering work for a fellow employee so I have not been around lately. I even missed our state match. SORRY DAVE B I heard it was a great match. At least my gun made it to the match and received some training from Mary. Thanks Mary I anticipate master scores from my rifle from here on out or I want my money back.

Kevin
Bob Mc Alice
Expert Master Poster
Expert Master Poster

Post by Bob Mc Alice »

Kevin...Yep, it covers both HP & SB...the whole enchilada. That free offer still stands, my loaner rifle is available to anyone that can make it out to CRC and shoot with us. Ruger M77 Mk1 7x57 ,Leupold 6.5-20xEFR, great trigger, naildriver. Let me know about Nov. 4th. I'll bring it out for you to use. BTW, That's how I got Dave B. hooked on HP, I mean interested. :twisted: He used that same rifle last year for his first HP match and shot a AA score with it. He promptly went out and bought a Sako 6.5x55 and is shooting AA and AAA scores frequently. Nuff said, fair warning......Bob M.
Last edited by Bob Mc Alice on Sun Oct 28, 2007 5:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
kevinpagano
AA Poster
AA Poster

Post by kevinpagano »

Your the man BOB I will let you know if I can make it. I am doing double the work right now at work so too early to tell. I would like to try it though for sure.

Kevin
Innocent
Uber Master Poster
Uber Master Poster

Post by Innocent »

Kevin,
How dare you use that four letter 'w' word on a public forum? Do not overdo it, man, you haven't figured out that if they can get you to do it then why hire anyone else....
BTW I only trained your rifle for AAA scores, didn't want you too miss out on the fun of working up through the classes. Thanks for the pleasure of trying to train another rifle.
BOB, now that you have the range covered I'm sure it'll be way too cold for us year around almost warm weather shooters to use a 'free shoot' ticket in Colorado, I would need to stand in the sun at least to think that I was warm. Have fun on the 4th, I'll be burning the smallbore ammo in Georgia and eating the good food there.

Innocent

kevinpagano
AA Poster
AA Poster

Post by kevinpagano »

Mary, sorry for using dirty words on here. By the way all this work has kept me out of my range box for months. Guess what I found in there. A turret cover for my scope that you thought was lost at the match. I hope this did not cause you any undue anguish. Scope is complete again. LOL

Kevin
Innocent
Uber Master Poster
Uber Master Poster

Post by Innocent »

Kevin,
I can understand the four letter word stuff, had more than my share of it here recently with my boss being out because his wife has had a serious viral infection...for two months now and oh BTW she is our Business Office/HR manager for the entire facility. Nepatism and bureaucracy...gotta love it.
As for the scope turret, you mean I hid it so well so that I wouldn't loose it that I couldn't even find it???? :D Glad you found it because I was trying to remember which grooves it had on the grip...didn't want to send a mismatch.

Thanks again for letting me try to train your rifle.

Mary

kevinpagano
AA Poster
AA Poster

Post by kevinpagano »

Anything for you Mary. This guy as worked 3 months in the last year. keeps returning then going back out. Drives me crazy.

Kevin
Innocent
Uber Master Poster
Uber Master Poster

Post by Innocent »

Kevin,
The woes of dealing with HR issues. Just remember you were looking for a job when you found this one...I have to keep telling myself that here too. Oh well I'm going to put some managers names on targets this weekend at Georgia...at least mentally.

Mary