He's just a baby!

More expensive to feed, but worth it.
acorneau
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

He's just a baby!

Post by acorneau »

I marked a small milestone tonight... loaded my first rounds of 6BR ammo. Actually, loaded my first rounds of anything ever! :ymparty:

I need to get my powder tests done for both loads (Berger 95's for C, P, & T; Berger 115's for Rams), then seating depth tests for both. :!!

I only have three open weekends between now and the Texas state championship because we've got the CBC in Pe Ell in two weekends and the Louisiana state smallbore/air rifle championship the weekend after that.

My friend and shooting partner, Chris Cawthorne, has been helping me collect all the right components and reloading gear, as well as coaching me through the process in order to get up to speed. Thanks Chris!

Gotta get my [poop] together if I want to make a half-decent showing at Nationals this year. :ympray:
Allen Corneau
Emietenkorte
A Poster
A Poster

Re: He's just a baby!

Post by Emietenkorte »

Awesome to hear Allen! Look forward to seeing you on the HP line!
acorneau
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Re: He's just a baby!

Post by acorneau »

So, things went reasonably well at the TX state match.

My main goal was to hit a 20/40 for each of the three matches. I managed a 20 and a 17 on Saturday (Hunter rifle), and another 20 on Sunday (Standard rifle) which gave me first place A-class for both rifles.

My rifle fit me reasonably well, although I still need to make a few minor changes. Rang two rams, one on each day. I was spotting for Chris Cawthorne and he rang three in one match with the same Berger 115's bullets including a high butt hit and a high shoulder hit.

The biggest issue I was having was my body's subconscious anticipation of the recoil resulting in the majority of my misses going low (dipping forward/down by bending at the waist). It seemed like when my brain told my finger to trip the trigger the rest of my body was listening in and tensed up for the recoil. x_x

I'm guessing this is just an experience thing and that I need to get more practice time under my belt, but I don't know for sure. If anyone has any suggestions on how to get my subconscious to settle down and behave I sure would like to hear them. I will need a lot of work between now and Nationals in eight weeks!
Allen Corneau