1712 feeding issue

This is what we do.
Archer
Unclassified Poster

1712 feeding issue

Post by Archer »

I have an older 1712 that will not feed the last round in the magazine. The bolt catches the round but the round will not tip up high enough to feed into the chamber. Tried 3 different mags, one is new. If I hold up on the bottom of the magazine the last round will feed. Any suggestions?
thauglor
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Re: 1712 feeding issue

Post by thauglor »

There can be several fixes since it effects only the last round. The strength and length of the spring as well as the follower shape (how high and at what angle it sits) can be a cure. It can be as simple as getting the magazine to sit higher up in the rifle (which is what you are doing by pushing it up). Check the mag latch for wear or any debris.

Are these anschutz magazines or the wisner savage magazines that also work in the anschutz repeaters? Do you have multiple anschutz rifles to transfer the magazine housing over to the problematic rifle to see if it works?
Archer
Unclassified Poster

Post by Archer »

All 3 mags are Anschutz. I do not have another Anschutz repeater but a friend does. I'll try that.I
thauglor
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Post by thauglor »

Another thing that came to mind, was this always happening with the rifle, gradually appeared (like occasionally then more common) or a sudden phenomenon?
Archer
Unclassified Poster

Post by Archer »

Problem solved. I was using 25 inch pounds on both action screws. Increased the front screw to 30 and decreased the rest to 20. Feeds all rounds perfectly. I have not had a chance to check the accuracy. Thanks for you suggestions.
Merlin
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Post by Merlin »

That sounds weird to me. Unless the magazine is touching the stock I am not seeing that happening. You know that the different torque setting are not deforming the action itself.
"Only God can judge me." Merlin

"Merlin..Your'e a rimfire whore." God

NRA Lever Action Silhouette - You get more clang for your bang with lever action silhouette.....
TSRA Lifer
NRA Patriot Patron Lifer