SPORTING .22 RF OPEN SIGHTS RIFLE SILHOUETTE

General BS, Match Results, Upcoming Events and all around Gossip...
lone ringer
Master Poster
Master Poster

Re: SPORTING .22 RF OPEN SIGHTS RIFLE SILHOUETTE

Post by lone ringer »

I went to the AZ Lever Action state championships last weekend and received about 10 more entries to the Sporting Open Sights match next July 3 before the Western Lever Action Championships July 4 to July 8. Keep them coming guys.

If you would like to shoot a 60 round warm up match before the Western Lever Action Championships with your SB Lever Action with iron sights (any iron sights). Just show up and pay $30.00 to cover the WC and Insurance fees.
Don't have to send an entry or be squadded since you will be shooting a practice match and resetting your own targets. Not eligible to receive trophies given to the Sporting/hunting open sights winners. If enough shooters interested I would have a special door price raffle for you guys.
If you would like to send me a note letting me know you are interested in participating with your SB Lever Action rifle. I can pencil your name in the squadding sheet I already started.
cedestech
Distinguished Master Poster w/Palms

Post by cedestech »

One question I haven't seen answered... if the rifle is a repeater (CZ Ultra Lux) do you have to feed from a mag or can you use a single shot adaptor?
Emmett Dibble, Houston, Texas. Where's my buddy Jason? Keeper of electronic records and banisher of little pieces of paper?
lone ringer
Master Poster
Master Poster

Post by lone ringer »

cedestech wrote: Sun Mar 12, 2023 4:42 pm One question I haven't seen answered... if the rifle is a repeater (CZ Ultra Lux) do you have to feed from a mag or can you use a single shot adaptor?
There are no rules regarding how you want to load the rifle Emmett. If you want to use a single shot adaptor and single load the rifle, that is perfectly acceptable. What is not acceptable is using an oversize (read, large 5 or 10 round mag) and use it as support for the forward hand.
cedestech

Post by cedestech »

lone ringer wrote: Sun Mar 26, 2023 6:40 pm
cedestech wrote: Sun Mar 12, 2023 4:42 pm One question I haven't seen answered... if the rifle is a repeater (CZ Ultra Lux) do you have to feed from a mag or can you use a single shot adaptor?
There are no rules regarding how you want to load the rifle Emmett. If you want to use a single shot adaptor and single load the rifle, that is perfectly acceptable. What is not acceptable is using an oversize (read, large 5 or 10 round mag) and use it as support for the forward hand.
Perfect. It has a CZ single shot adaptor/mag in it now and that is the way I shoot it but can borrow some mags if need be. Will be sharing it with Steve Arceneaux so he does’t have to purchase a rifle to play.
Emmett Dibble, Houston, Texas. Where's my buddy Jason? Keeper of electronic records and banisher of little pieces of paper?
lone ringer
Master Poster
Master Poster

Post by lone ringer »

cedestech wrote: Sun Mar 26, 2023 7:20 pm
lone ringer wrote: Sun Mar 26, 2023 6:40 pm
Perfect. It has a CZ single shot adaptor/mag in it now and that is the way I shoot it but can borrow some mags if need be. Will be sharing it with Steve Arceneaux so he does’t have to purchase a rifle to play.
What I found out when shooting rifles with my handgun silhouette friends is that I don't have as much time as when shooting rifle matches. 2 minutes vs 2.5 minutes. So when I have any problems I have less time to fix whatever problem I may be having. I suggest use the 30 seconds to load the mags and you will have more time to aim and fire. I can shoot ten or more well aimed shots in the 2 minutes, the problem is when I have to clear a jam or something else, that is when I could run out of time.
K Danz
B Poster
B Poster

Post by K Danz »

If this were to take off and be "officially sanctioned" someday, the only thing I would disagree on your post is the exclusion of peep sights. For a personal reason, I have a very old single shot rifle from my grandfather that came standard with a peep sight that I use at our local matches. Would hate to not be able to use that in an official competition. It's just really cool to shoot.
lone ringer
Master Poster
Master Poster

Post by lone ringer »

K Danz wrote: Thu Apr 20, 2023 11:03 pm If this were to take off and be "officially sanctioned" someday, the only thing I would disagree on your post is the exclusion of peep sights. For a personal reason, I have a very old single shot rifle from my grandfather that came standard with a peep sight that I use at our local matches. Would hate to not be able to use that in an official competition. It's just really cool to shoot.

I respect your opinion and like you, there are others that would like to use peep sights and also low magnification scopes.
The name of the new discipline implies that only open sights are to be used.
The rules are very simple and they call for unaltered factory sporting/hunting .22 rifles.
The idea is to encourage new shooters to try rifle silhouette without having to pay a lot of money for extras like expensive receiver sights, scopes, etc.
This discipline has been practiced in Mexico for going on ten years without modifying the rules and they've had great success attracting new shooters, many of them young kids and women doubling the participation to their events.
Grantmac
A Poster
A Poster

Post by Grantmac »

If you allow factory peeps it'll only be a month before someone shows up with a match rifle.

Open sights means no peeps. Factory means no modifications.
cedestech

Post by cedestech »

Grantmac wrote: Sun Jun 04, 2023 12:54 pm If you allow factory peeps it'll only be a month before someone shows up with a match rifle.

Open sights means no peeps. Factory means no modifications.
That...

drawing lines early and keeping them firm makes more people happy then not... (chin gun anyone).
TheBugFather
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Post by TheBugFather »

Trophies are done

Dennis
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
The Bug Father
...I don't like recoil, but I love to experiment.
375Short
A Poster
A Poster

Post by 375Short »

The open sight depiction is creative and they look great
TheBugFather
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Post by TheBugFather »

Thanks, best I could figure to convey the idea.

Dennis
The Bug Father
...I don't like recoil, but I love to experiment.
cedestech

Post by cedestech »

TheBugFather wrote: Tue Jun 27, 2023 5:18 pm Trophies are done

Dennis
Nice!

:ymapplause:
squinty_shooter
A Poster
A Poster

Post by squinty_shooter »

Dennis,
Trophies look awesome!
Kimbal
cedestech

Post by cedestech »

Fantastic match. Thank you!