Silhouette in SW Ohio

General BS, Match Results, Upcoming Events and all around Gossip...
SteveD
AA Poster
AA Poster

Silhouette in SW Ohio

Post by SteveD »

After 15 or so years of contract engineering, I have taken a direct position in Dayton, OH.

I searched for Silhouette in SW Ohio and finally found something. There is a private club in the NW suburbs of Cincinnati, Butler County Sportsmans Club, that shoots Smallbore Silhouette. Well, sort of. LOL

I plan on heading down there this Friday. The website says they shoot indoors at paper targets 6 or 7 months out of the year and outdoors starting in May. I'm hoping the outdoor has rails/stands for Silhouettes. The sort of this is, they permit crossed sticks or a bipod for turkeys and rams. You get a credit of two animals for each if you shoot standing.

There is another club, Miami rifle and Pistol Club, that may shoot Black Powder Silhouette but I have not been able to get in contact with anyone there.

Does anyone have information on Silhouette in SW Ohio?

Thanks!
Hosspower
B Poster
B Poster

Re: Silhouette in SW Ohio

Post by Hosspower »

IHMSA handgun silhouette in Bellefontaine, OH at Logan county fish and game. Good guys there and they wouldn't mind seeing a rifle show up.
Hawkeye7br
B Poster
B Poster

Post by Hawkeye7br »

I've shot handgun silo at Logan many times. Their SB targets will be at 25, 50, 75, 100 yards. Good bunch of guys.
SteveD
AA Poster
AA Poster

Post by SteveD »

Guess I should have specified I'm interested in HP or Smallbore rifle. :)
AMB
A Poster
A Poster

Post by AMB »

Start an approved program, if the club is open to it. So what if some guys are shooting unapproved let them. I'm in NW PA, long hike to Dayton or Columbus, but I may show up now and then. I have friends in that area and like Ohio. Good luck.
thauglor
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Post by thauglor »

SteveD wrote: Fri Mar 31, 2023 7:28 am Guess I should have specified I'm interested in HP or Smallbore rifle. :)
Hi Steve, long time no see

Be lucky you even have that. My closest silhouette matches are 3.5 hours 1 way, luckily the benchrest guys an hour away let me shoot their match standing
dhatch
AA Poster
AA Poster

Post by dhatch »

Hi Steve, long time no see

Be lucky you even have that. My closest silhouette matches are 3.5 hours 1 way, luckily the benchrest guys an hour away let me shoot their match standing
[/quote]

thauglor, at the Top Shot range, has smallbore 1/5th scale and Smallbore Lever Action on first Saturday, then on third Saturday we have PC and center fire lever action.
That range is about 10 minutes or so from the Coop.
About 1 3/4 hr from Vicksburg.
Proud Member of the C. C. S. A.
SteveD
AA Poster
AA Poster

Post by SteveD »

AMB wrote: Sat Apr 01, 2023 2:51 am Start an approved program, if the club is open to it. So what if some guys are shooting unapproved let them. I'm in NW PA, long hike to Dayton or Columbus, but I may show up now and then. I have friends in that area and like Ohio. Good luck.
Hey Thauglor. Sounds like you are no longer in AZ?

I went down and shot Friday. The guy who runs (Steve) it let me use his rifle and it was fun.

I got details on the outdoor match. They have swingers at 25, 50, 70 and 100 yards. Steve said the animals are scaled for the distance offset. The spotter calls hits.